Counterfeit rent money?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by fullylucky, 15th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Stooge?..... Really?

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Best silly season thread ever

Perthguy likes this.
  3. fullylucky

fullylucky Well-Known Member

It's from fat pizza just take it easy.

4. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

Do you think it will finish with a happy ending?

5. fullylucky

But on a "serious note", seriously sanj, no one forced you to read this thread. You couldn't resist and clicked on this delicious thread on your own accord, read that **** up like there's no tomorrow and enjoyed it and then as usual shared your 2 cents of negativity.

You always say my threads are useless or no value add and something about patience but if you stopped to think for a moment you'd realise: there is value add. No one else has posted a thread about this topic before. People are learning, learning how to deal with the situation if they get handed a fake note for rent and how to tell a fake from a genuine note. I never see you making any threads of any value. "It's easier to judge than to create. It's easy to stand from the sideline and criticize about everything, oh this is no good, that won't work."

From now on you are no longer welcomed to my threads!

Last edited: 15th Dec, 2015
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@sanj - you've been defriended :(

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Because we don't collect cash for rent. These days it's all electronic transfers. We don't have this problem because we don't deal with cash.

So, have you reported this to the police yet?

8. fullylucky

Oh nah it's not fake, just because fullylucky said it then it must be real $50 note.

Oh even though it LOOKS like that terrorist has a bomb strapped to his d*ck. It's probably not a bomb at all. Yah, nah, yah, nah, that's just a costume, those are snags he's probably going to a mate's halloween bbq party that's all.

Oh pic or it didn't happen fullylucky.

Why would I post stuff that's not real??!

9. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

were they friends in the first place?

10. fullylucky

1:39

the 50 doesn't have "intaglio printing"

also the serial numbers doesn't glow under my black light (UV) wavelength 385nm

top note is real, bottom is the fake.

happy now?

[​IMG]

11. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

report to the police.

12. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to prove to US here that it is fake fullylucky, who cares whether it is or whether it isn't.
    The fact is that you thought it was counterfeit and if it was, how would the situation be handled? Yes it does make an interesting discussion on those merits.

13. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

You have now proven that the note is fake. You have documented it on this forum and even provided UV analysis as proof. (by the way what else do you check with the UV light?) Now it's your duty as a law abiding member of society to hand the note to Police. They will in turn hand it over to the Federal Police as it is a federal matter. You should do it quickly as you don't want to be caught with it. Also good idea to have an explanation because they will ask you where you got it.
    Is that helpful? That's a very straight forward suggestion.

sanj, Xenia, Perthguy and 1 other person like this.
  14. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

You have a choice. You can rant on the internet about it to people who can't do anything about it or you can report this very serious matter to the police. I would not suggest you take the counterfeit note to the police if I thought it was real.

sanj, 158 and Xenia like this.
  15. fullylucky

You got to be kidding me... I went all the way down my batcave, found the uv light from all my other gadgets... used it and took a pic (very hard when holding the light with one hand) and uploaded it and NOW you tell me it doesn't matter??

You guys all spin it around the moment it goes against your favour. First you call me out on bs and the moment I disprove it you say yah nah yah nah just kidding.

Xenia likes this.
  16. fullylucky

bodily fluids... pet fluids... and scorpions...

mrdobalina likes this.
  17. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

@sanj
    images.jpg

Wall Street and sanj like this.
  18. Beanie Girl

Beanie Girl Well-Known Member

I can't believe what I said from your 'terrorist' thread could be coming true!
    My advice would be to keep the suss $50 note, fullylucky, and next time any of your tenants hand you any rent money, keep them in separate envelopes, mark them so that you know which person the rent money is from, and compare the $50 notes they hand you to this one, just so that for your peace of mind, you can eliminate your tenants as suspects.

Xenia likes this.
  19. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

A key p
    a key point youre missing here is that no one really cares all that much. Maybe it's a fake, maybe it isnt. It isnt a big deal either way, people have offered advice in amongst the many posts taking the ****, mine included. You can choose to do something about the note or not. It's up to you.

Proving us right or wrong is inconsequential, no one knew if it was fake or real and i dont recall people guessing its authenticity either. What we did realise though is that the thread was quite entertaining so for that, on behalf of many in the PC community and the faceless lurkers, i thank you.

Jkat likes this.
  20. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

Hey, @sanj is back, I thought you defriended him, how did he worm his way back into your heart?

I don't know where to start.