Council Garbage Truck enters my property and damages my newly laid concrete driveway.....

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Redwood, 3rd Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Lodge a claim through the contractors public liability.

2. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

So far council is fobbing me off to the contractor, they are dismissive and threatening (ye i'm one not to take **** - neither do I have patience to put up with their ****), the council wants me to talk to the contractor, i say its the councils problem so i say get claims in contact and they don't do anything so far,,,,

Any advice with pushing the contractors public liability if they deny damage?

3. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

You've got a video so that's a pretty strong leg to stand on. Maybe call up some of those no win no fee parasites and see what they reckon.

Paul@PAS likes this.
  4. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Thank each of them for their time politely, inform them that you are escalating the matter, that you are forwarding the footage to the police with not one but two trespass complaints, and once they've been charged you will be filing a civil case for damages!
    Say have a nice day and hang up.
    Let their future calls go to voice mail (until you receive an admission recording or similar ).
    Or spend more money trying to chase them for repairs...

Archaon likes this.
  5. Possumcreek

Possumcreek Well-Known Member

Have you also told them exactly what it is you are requesting ie: replacement of the concrete with a quote?