Council dragging their feet with endorsing drawings post VCAT

Discussion in 'Development' started by Keentolearn77, 1st Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

Hi

After 8-9 months of delay and planning to goto VCAT hearing back in May, council agreed through mediation (before hearing date) to approve / provide a planning permit for my 4 townhouse development - ALTHOUGH with conditions.
    Condition 1 - before any drawings are endorsed ....... - variations and new recent extra bureaucratic red tape tree management plan conditions.

In short I see it as going 1 step forward and 2 steps back - council have avoided going to vcat hearing date by issueing a quasi planning permit, we have since provided the condition 1 requirements and have been waiting almost a month for a response / endorsement of plans from council.

So its now 3 months since VCAT/Council hearing was avoided with quasi planning permit, and me wondering how accountable should council be in speeding through my endorsed plans....
    Am I going to be waiting for a further 3, 6 months of back and forth.
    Do I make a complaint to vcat - that obligate council to progress things faster or am I talking to a brick wall....?
    Am I alone here, or do others have similair experiences, perhaps I just have to accept the whole system is broken and expect little...?

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Four weeks doesn’t sound that bad. When did they say it would be done?

Don’t you have a contact you could ask?

3. MKM

MKM Member

Which council is it? Some councils (Knox for one) can be notoriously slow in endorsing the plans.

4. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

My town planner claims council have advised when they would be back in touch, supposedly this week, but i would of thought under the circumstances it would have been sped up. A council nxt door to Knox

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

hehehe,,,,sped up under these circumstances?

ahhhh...you made my day :D

While you're waiting - time for Dan Murphey.

craigc likes this.
  6. James Cavill

James Cavill Well-Known Member

4 weeks for endorsed plans isn't unusual. As far as they are concerned the matter has been resolved. Council planners aren't known for effective or efficient delivery of service

craigc and Tufan Chakir like this.
  7. SayNoMore

SayNoMore New Member

In my exp. most permits are issued with Condition 1 (changes) requirements. This is part of the permit process in VIC and would have happened whether Council mediated the outcome or the VCAT version of the permit was issued.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia