Could NSW benefit from VIC knockdown with net positive migration?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Illusivedreams, 7th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Penrith itself is not very nice. Its ok but not very nice and Brutally cold in Winter and extremely hot in Summer.

2. qwertyui

qwertyui Well-Known Member

For the same amount, Melbourne provides a way better location property comparing to Sydney. Despite the relative same median house price, many suburbs in mel only cost 60-70% the Sydney price for the same property type within the same proximity to CBD

Not sure if 10-20% pay rise worth the move from Mel to Sydney. I and my partner planned to to cut my salary ~10k each to move to Me before the covid hit

3. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

Really it’s like 1 degree different to liverpool!?

4. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

I don't live in Liverpool.
    I think of Liverpool region much the same.

So lets substitute

Liverpool itself is not very nice. :) Im happy to invest in places that i dont ahve to live in myself but I beleive have strong growth drivers.

People dont aspire to live in Penrith or Liveprool.

They provide amenity and train lines to the CBD and are mini CBDs. Liverpool will become a very large center when the new airport comes online.

Its not my opinion its what is planned by the government .

[​IMG]

5. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

The points stands. You are spruiking Lurnea at every opportunity but then talk down an area with similar disadvantages

6. DueDiligence

DueDiligence Well-Known Member

Remarkable how ppl are Speculating on capital gains , in the middle of a pandemic , where an exponentially spreading virus is forming clusters

ollidrac nosaj likes this.
  7. Just_A_Name

Just_A_Name Well-Known Member

We are fighting a losing battle with the virus before getting an safe and effective vaccine. Human need to do everything perfectly to hold the front line, but as long as one simple mistake, everything goes to shxt. We have multiple examples now, the latest one is Auckland. The margin for errors is simply too thin.

I would said nowhere is safe, it is not where but when would outbreaks happen. Now from the hindsight, those Swedish might gamble this right....

8. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

yeah they are the higher end bogans.

9. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Have you spent time in Geelong? I think its a lovely place and 700k your getting into a nice house and location there

10. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

So whilst I originally laughed at this idea I have now had 3 friends say if the OmniBill passes they will 100% be leaving Victoria for good and signaled they would move to QLD.

Im confident it won’t but WOW this is scary stuff.

11. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Ok, I dunno what OmniBill is...

12. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

It's a good point, if you're looking for a sea change why would you go to another big city with the same population / congestion problems as Melbourne.

13. albanga

Just Google it and have a read.
    Insane levels of power.

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Nothing relevant comes up in my googling

15. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

albanga likes this.
  16. essendonfan

essendonfan Well-Known Member

17. albanga

Sorry should have been more clear with the name :D

@Gockie read over the link Y-MAN posted.
    You could then appreciate why a lot of people will actually consider leaving Victoria under this government. I myself will consider it as I don’t want my child raised in a place with laws such as this.

18. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Care to summarise?

19. albanga

Sure. Basically anyone can arrest and detain anybody under suspicion of being a “super spreader”. A super spreader as they say it may be someone like a protestor. Heck you might even like a post you shouldn’t.

Just think about the utter abuse this gets opened up to. You will have vigilante groups operating under the protection of the bill.

20. essendonfan

essendonfan Well-Known Member

Sure. Read section 200A. Honestly, if you are an Australian Citizen, take the time to read this document.

It cedes power to the CHO, under areas designated as a state of emergency (which is currently metro Melbourne)

Allows 'authorised officers' - which is not just police (think ticket inspectors). The power to detain anyone with COVID or anyone they think that has been in contact with someone that has COVID.

They (authorised officers) need to review the detained file every 24 hours to conclude if 'authorised officer reasonably believes that the person is a high-risk person who is likely to refuse or fail to comply with the direction'

'likely'.
    That is some minority report stuff, right there.

We know 3 things about Victoria in 2020
    1. Hired support is woefully untrained, with embarrassing policies and procedures (security guards)
    2. Contact tracing is a joke, with management stubborn on accepting training and assistance
    3. The government, Vic Pol and CHO are not afraid to abuse their power

This bill combines the three and assumes all three parties will execute their roles property.

Also amending 120(1) of the Crimes Act 1997 is interesting reading. Expands powers, to rule based on written submissions only (no appearance required in court). Given the stellar record of the Victorian courts, what could possibly go wrong with ruling on a written submission (prepared by their lawyers) in determining the risk of the individual to the community?

albanga likes this.