VIC Could Franga finally be coming into its own?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Pins, 11th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

It's the best fit.

2. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Haven't heard the word Franga for years :)
    Thought it disappeared from the language.....

sauber likes this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

If it's not on, its not on

Player and larrylarry like this.
  4. JamesP

JamesP Well-Known Member

No denying that! But it's about 10min quicker than Franga's by train and over half an hour quicker in traffic! I once made it from Berwick to Bourke rd in 14min in non peak hour. Cbd is around 25min. In peak hour it's a 70min drive :eek:

5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

What were you doing 170kmh??

I can get from seaford to st kilda rd in 35 mins in morn via nepean. Monash is ****ed! Its a joke! After 630 if your not on it good luck!!!

6. the_truth

the_truth Member

Yup, franga is gentryfing and prices can only go up from here

sauber likes this.
  7. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

berwick to CBD in 25 minutes??. i used to go from forster road (before blackburn rd) and that took good 25 minutes on Sunday non-peak. Berwick i think is more like 45 minutes.

sauber likes this.
  8. Nick2016

Nick2016 New Member

The attraction to live in Frankston isn't it's proximity to the CBD. The advantage Frankston has over Berwick and many other suburbs is the lifestyle. Parks, the beach, aquatic centre, good shopping and access to freeways, train and Mornington Peninsula.

Yacht Club just finished with new cafe and restaurant to open soon and the train station is funded for replacement.

I'm always amazed how people see value based on travel time to city when so many people don't need to go there.

Mick, Natedog, WattleIdo and 2 others like this.
  9. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I like your thinking. When I was in Franga over Easter I could see money spent on making it better...I didn't pay attention to station. It's close to Mornington peninsula and I like Geelong as it is close to Torquay. Not everyone works in CBD.

Cactus and sauber like this.
  10. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

It's got a great health network, doesn't it? Plus good schools and tertiaries. Makes it suitable for a wide range of people who put lifestyle at the forefront.

sauber likes this.
  11. GoneFishing

GoneFishing Well-Known Member

I've got an investment property in Frankston, bordering South Frankston - just off the Foot Street shops which is close to everything. Agent reckons I can get $500k for it and says Melbourne buyers have swarmed to the area only now realising the potential and return on investment the suburb offers. I think I'll wait until I get $1M though. Hehehe. Definitely has a lot going for it.

Natedog, sauber and larrylarry like this.
  12. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

As i was at trade school yesterday (im a sparky) i was told that chisholm building works WILL start next year! Final drafts are just getting finalised before works will begin.

Alot of buildings will be pulled down and rebuilt including a new state of the art electrotechnology centre for us sparkys.

Everyone is very excited for this as everyone has been waiting for this news.

I travelled through central frankston on tuesday and i must say alot of propertys up for sale. So plenty of competition out there.

13. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

If i see premier daniel andrews again at hockey ill ask him about when frankston station works will begin.

WattleIdo likes this.
  14. larrylarry

@sauber great news. I am committed to Geelong now but can't wait to get into Franga when the right one comes along. Franga is featured in API this month.

sauber likes this.
  15. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

@larrylarry i will have to read that for sure. Thanks for mentioning. As i have also mentioned in SS forums as neeko a year or two ago. Local builders and companies are investing in frankston cause they understand the true value of frankston itself. And also FCC has been pro building as must of us know. So this another reason why things have been so productive.

16. larrylarry

Yes. Just as Geelong is getting proactive.

17. Now or never

Now or never Active Member

Definitely not hyping franga up but just relaying this conversation with my PM on the weekend. Their agency sold 13 properties to an investor over the past few months who offloaded all of his investments in Springvale and Glen Waverley and is also advising his relos to do the same.

sauber likes this.
  18. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Asian buyers in Frankston was talked about in an article in the local newspaper a couple months ago also, seems to support the above sentiments

19. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Theres people of asian heritage buying in every suburb. I dont think any group is specifically targeting the area
    People will say its because of the high school - i think thats just a bonus of living there

20. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.