Cost to replace oven thermostat?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Joynz, 29th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

As the title says, just wondering how much it should cost to replace an oven thermostat - parts and labour.

I know I could replace it, but I'd prefer to repair if possible.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is it a Gaggenau or Chef?

Rich2011 likes this.
  3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Just checked - it is a Simpson.

Last edited: 29th Jul, 2017
  4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I found Simpson thermostats for $90 online - obviously would be marked up for installation.

5. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

How old is the oven? If its a free standing cooker and its old sometimes its easier to replace with a new unit. Have had one before replaced the thermostat then later there are issues with the hotplates or something else. Have just purchased a new Chef freestanding cooker for $450 and $130 to install and remove the old one, quotes to replace the thermostat were $250+ on an 11 year old cooker. Harvey Norman have a deal going on some Chef cookers at the moment that includes $240 of free wine :D

6. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

It's an older wall oven - with a warming drawer so about $900-$1,000 to replace plus installation.

Cost $300 to replace the element last year. But nothing much else can go wrong with it.

7. Scott No Mates

Do you have a 3 day growth to go with the cheap wine?

8. ozwanderlust

ozwanderlust Well-Known Member

I know this is a year old post, but I have a similar situation and need some views.
    Tenants reported oven temperature not working. PM sent an electrician to check and he reported the multifunction switch was faulty - current oven is a Blanco. He quoted repair $330 or replace range from $770 (Westinghouse) to $970 (Beko).
    Since we have just spent nearly $100 to fit a new oven seal, we opted to go with the repair option. However, PM said electrician could not find the oven model number in order to buy the switch! I googled and found some youtube videos on how to locate the oven model number. PM said they pulled the oven apart and still could not locate the model number - it must have fallen off?
    Needless to say, am not very happy with this situation. So, the only option left is to replace the oven. I will post a new thread seeking comments on which oven brand is better - Westinghouse or Beko?
    Does anyone has any other suggestion about fixing the current oven, instead of of replacing it? Thanks in advance.

9. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

What city are you in (your location is just listed as ‘Australia’ for some reason)?

10. Scott No Mates

• Call a stove tech not a sparky?
    • How about contacting Blanco?
    • How old is the oven?
    • I've never heard of Beko
    • Is it a range (free standing) or in-built oven, (quote sounds a bit rich for a range IMHO)?
    • Send them an other thermometer

11. ozwanderlust

ozwanderlust Well-Known Member

Am from NSW, but currently living 10K miles away!

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.