Cost of fill for subdivision

Discussion in 'Development' started by Joe bloggs, 2nd Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Joe bloggs

Joe bloggs Member

I am looking to subdivide my investment property and either sell the back block or build on the back block. However, there is a slight to moderate slope on the property. Does anyone know what the approximate cost of a retain and fill might be? who would I contact for a quote? I am in Perth

Cheers

Joe

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

It varies a lot on how much you want to retain it and your choice of materials. The cheapest option is usually panel and post, however it's also one of the worst looking.

Consider
    - for minor retaining consider the horizontal plinths plus colorbond fence. Good for up to 300mm unless you reinforce your posts then you can go higher
    - panel and post. Economical but varies in how ugly it looks. Ok for certain areas, not an option for high end
    - modular walls. quite economical and can do retaining Residential Walls & Acoustic Fencing | ModularWalls
    - double brick wall, reinforced and filled with concrete. Good if you need to build a brick wall on top
    - limestone - ends up more economical than others when it's needed for over 600mm

For most of these options a fencing contractor will be able to quote.

3. Kent Cliffe

Kent Cliffe Well-Known Member

As a ball park, here are some costing guides I've recorded:
    Rate Length
    Asbestos removal 30-45 1/lm
    Colorbond 80-85 1/lm
    Plinth 30-35 1lm (15mm high)
    Limestone 600/1m block 65-75 1/lm single course
    Panel 450mm 140lm 1.5 panels
    Panel 300mm 110lm 1 Panel