Cost of construction per m2

Discussion in 'Development' started by albanga, 18th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A quantity surveyor can advise on these matters and will assess the cost of construction based on plans, materials and location etc. Lenders require this for larger projects to ensure its correctly costed so money doesnt dry up before than banks $$ gets invested and runs dry.

The investment in their advice may even assist to demonstrate diligent costings to a lender.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hey @albanga

If you really want to get a great handle on the costs you can engage an estimator on your project. Not only can they determine costings but they work with you on the level of specs needed, can advise on using alternative materials to achieve same for less cost etc. Then you can use their document to tender so you should have a good idea of what the build should be before it comes back . Any tender waaay over the estimated mark lets you know too much fat for the builder or something just isnt right . My estimators have saved me a ton in unnecessry build costs and kept tenders in line .

berten and frank22 like this.
  3. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Mate check my original post, this was 2016!
    I’m done and dusted on the build and definitely know a lot more than I did when I made this post :p

Sackie likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

:oops::oops:
    tenor.gif

albanga, JohnPropChat and frank22 like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia