Cost of built strata to survey strata in Perth

Discussion in 'Development' started by _CPB_, 19th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. _CPB_

_CPB_ New Member

I'm in the process of purchasing a property on a 2 lot built strata title with a common property backyard. There is a fence down the centre line creating a non-binding boundary between A&B, with a pool on my (B) side, which while in practice is exclusively used by my property, is technically common property.

I would like to convert to a survey strata title so that I have the legal security of owning the pool and backyard area on my side of the fence. Provided I can get the owner of A to agree, what are the costs and possible complications?

From my searching it seems like the Form 1A costs around $3000? How much should I expect the surveyor fees to be, and what additional costs are there? I don't believe any works should be needed to separate utilities. Thanks.

daisyjq likes this.
  2. _CPB_

_CPB_ New Member

Upon further research it seems we can bypass the Form 1A as a conversion to survey strata doesn't require WAPC approval? Still not sure on costs but I'm asking around for a few quota. Any advice here would be appreciated.

3. CK Maloney Surveying

CK Maloney Surveying New Member

The licensed survey can take care of all of the process. We can have a look at it and give you an indication of costs if you like. Feel free to contact our office. 1300 002 567

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Sorry never done one of these before but most Surveyors would be able to quote. Try VisionSurveys or LandDivision

5. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

How do you split a built strata block? Does the land area split 50/50?

6. daisyjq

daisyjq New Member

Hi, what was the outcome of your conversion? We're interested in putting in an offer on a property with a similar set up (although the common property has no fencing). I'm keen to know how you found the process.

Thanks

7. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

My neighbours paid for this to be done on a duplex property in Perth back in 2017. See quote as below. Property split was pretty straightforward with single line thru the two adjoining properties and backyard. Probably add another $1000 given this was 5 years ago.

SURVEY FEES:
    Survey to prepare the new Strata Plan $3500.00
    GST $350.00
    (Includes Landgate searches, drafting and CSD file creation)
    Licensed Valuation for the new Unit Entitlements $400.00
    GST $40.00
    Landgate Lodging Fee $411.50

TOTAL $4701.50

8. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

As suggested above a surveyor will help you with this. It can be as simple and straightforward as jaydee suggested but you will also need a building surveyors advice re fire regs etc