cost for get rid of swimming pool

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by ToonyBoy, 7th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ToonyBoy

ToonyBoy Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

what would be cost for get rid of medium size in ground swimming pool in westren sydeny?

Thanks

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

4-9k I'd say, depending on:

Type of pool (above ground or inground), size of the pool, accessibility of the pool area, method of pool removal and of course the contractor you choose. I'd be getting at least 3 quotes.

If you plan to build on top of it, make sure the contractor knows this as compaction levels will be essential otherwise you'll have to spend more money to fix it. Some builders will want an engineer's report to be done first.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Watch the material imported for fill as well, you don't want contaminated soil.

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

What will be the cost? Too much money, I say!

We've got a pool. It's hardly ever used, and it's old. We had two choices, get rid of it, or make it more appealing for tenants when we move out (shortly). Ours is a concrete pool, and access is hard. The cheapest quote we got was $15k, but there was something I didn't like about them & can't remember what it was. So, we decided to keep the pool. Hubby has put a deck around it, and a new fence to make sure that it's compliant. The old fence was compliant back in the 1990's when it was put up, but really wasn't now. He's just about finished, and it looks great.

The work that he did would have come to near the same cost as getting it removed, but he's done it all himself for a fraction of the cost, in one of those hybrid decking materials, so it won't need too much upkeep. The upcoming tenant (daughter) loves it, so it's a win/win.

Ideacrash and wylie like this.