Coronavirus

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Lizzie, 29th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Yes I am always having an internal battle whether I like him or not.

MTR likes this.
  2. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

So almost 3 weeks ago I ordered about 400 masks from tao bao China for myself and family. They finally got couriered this morning. I was thinking to keep all for family but I think I'll give 200 to POW ICU and ED. Does anyone know if they'll take them if I bring it in? I can always order more.

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I was thinking surely they (the practices) can also order (as I know they have been scouring the markets). Having said that, I just heard on the ABC (aust) where they were interviewing someone who is a front line medico stating that the OZ government were telling them there was plenty of PPE but they weren't seeing anything at the front line... :( (hear similar stories from my student who is a nurse - apparently they got a shipment of masks and half went missing the next day through theft)

The Y-man

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Some real selfish people out there. It's so unAustralian.

Lizzie likes this.
  6. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

I've come across several articles about defective masks and test kits from China being rejected by hospitals. I'd be keen to know if you took some of yours to the hospital and they told you whether or not they were up to standard. I'm hoping not all their manufacturers are making defective equipment. Otherwise, we're screwed.

Netherlands recalls 'defective' masks bought from China

I've ordered a large batch of hand sanitisers myself from China, about a month ago. They were finally shipped last week so it's anyone's guess when they will arrive.

Last edited: 29th Mar, 2020
    samiam likes this.
  7. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

My worry too - although maybe some places are at a stage of "anything is better than nothing"

The Y-man

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a worry.. I'd hate to give defective masks. I'll ring up and see what they say. Maybe there's a way to tell.

9. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

I'd appreciate it if you could report back and let us know. Hopefully there's no cause for concern.

Sackie likes this.
  10. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

He is a very skilled writer. His tone is so eminently reasonable you don't realise, unless you look into the detail of what he's writing, what he's actually selling you.

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Some positive news??

MTR likes this.
  12. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

shorty, SatayKing and Sackie like this.
  13. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Yeah. Pfft to media and all the "experts" they drag out. Probably miffed because they were not invited to sit on any advisory panel.

Gees, the Government has resources. Bet the Chief Statistician is burning the midnight oil as well as an array of other academics. Probably won't ask his brother Nicholas unless they want to tap him for a loan to fund the stimulus.

The Falcon likes this.
  14. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

A local person donated masks to the local hospital.
    They gratefully accepted all unopened packets (still sealed).

Lizzie likes this.
  15. Patrico1966

Patrico1966 Well-Known Member

Coles Melbourne store had 2 staff members confirmed with Covid-19 yesterday. The store will not be closed because it has been properly cleaned and staff who had close contact were told to self isolate

"The Department of Health defines close contact as face to face contact for at least 15 minutes"

"It also applies to people being in the same closed space for at least two hours"

"The health department also said that people who pass through a space where there has been a coved 19 case have a low risk of transmission"

My point is that other shops are being forced to close down due to distancing and now it is a time rule as well.
    Does this mean you can go to a café, order food then sit in the corner for 2 hrs and eat your food/coffee? You are not going to go "face to face" with the wait person for 15 minutes are you?
    Would this be unfair to Bunnings and K mart as well because NSW is thinking of closing these stores down?

16. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Last edited: 1st Apr, 2020
    Lizzie likes this.
  17. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Not sure where this fits so I'll place it here. It may hae already been posted in other threads.

3D puzzle to assist with protein design for Covid-19. If you have time, and many do, it could help you pass the day and possibly be useful.

Solve Puzzles for Science | Foldit

Islay likes this.
  18. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Gee, it's interesting going back to the start of this thread. It's only 8 weeks ago and we thought it was all a bit of a storm in a teacup. What a ride it has been. I have told my kids that we will be talking for a long time about life BCV and ACV - before corona virus, and after.

wilso8948, Brady, TMNT and 1 other person like this.
  19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

While this is an old post, just a heads up. I haven't been able to donate blood for many years because I lived in the UK for more than six months, 30 something years ago. They've banned me from giving blood - until today. So I'm here.

LibGS and Gockie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.