Corona virus predictions

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Sackie, 7th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Last edited: 7th Mar, 2020
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I did not say it, I posted the link with stats etc on this....a tad busy today trying to find more toilet paper just in case I run out

3. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

I think 1B....which is a joke.

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Mar, 2020
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

2 deaths in Australia

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Mar, 2020
  5. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Where did Italy go wrong.... they probably need all those billions, their economy will be in free fall if this does not get sorted, and their economy was not in great shape prior to this

I am not a health expert and no idea what other countries should spend on coronavirus, I guess many factors will come into play

7. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

US isn't reporting the true numbers. A cruise ship is not being allowed to come into port because those numbers will have to be counted. It truly is a joke. But they can't hide the numbers forever.

Also, tests just aren't being done. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing and once tests start, some numbers will start flowing. Can't report numbers if you don't bother testing.

gman65, Ambit and Lizzie like this.
  8. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

They dropped 50 tests with a helicopter.....half tested positive lol can't even drop enough tests to test everyone on board.

joke.

Lizzie and wylie like this.
  9. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

This was the list posted, yes it has the US at number 1 o_O

Apparently in a lot of places if you get tested you have used up some of your medical insurance "deductible" so people don´t want to get tested because it will cost them money. Maybe they will sort this out, maybe not.

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I heard a figure of $3k if you want a test. That's going to keep people from initiating a test themselves.

11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

That you have to pay if you test negative ... but ... if you test positive you then have to pay for quarantine.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't ... so people aren't getting tested, hence no stats

**** poor reaction

wylie likes this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

They are all going to hell..... I see the end of the world nearing..... we all need bunkers

its hysteria and fake media in part to blame

more worried about our economy than USA, panic setting in why share market is falling

just look at this forum, alarmists. ....lots of people get off on this stuff

Big A likes this.
  14. MangoMadness

MangoMadness Well-Known Member

Predictions:

April, schools/day care dont reopen at end of April school holidays

May sees large AU outbreaks

In June the AFL and NRL seasons are abandoned due to player welfare. We also see widespread business closures due to lack of supply/customers and employees not attending as kids are at home and people wanting to self quarantine.

Woolies/Coles/IGA/servos call for interim short term labour so they can still provide essentials to the populace as normal employees are not turning up to work .

By August everyone has either had it or has it. We still have heaps of toilet paper.

September, businesses reopening as we recover and realize we didnt all die, supply chains slowly open up and freight starts being processed through the wharfs. Those that die are commemorated on a special day in September which is made a worldwide public holiday.

October, frustration builds due to delays getting back to normal, People start to realize that when services and supply chains are shut down it takes a long time to get them back up and running again.

December, cheap and cheerless xmas with many still out of work, no money to be spent and little in the shops to spend it on.

Or maybe i have read too many post apoc books :)

Lizzie and MTR like this.
  15. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

And you would assume that the participants of such a forum would have slightly above average intelligence. What hope is there for the rest of the population.
    Stupidity is what we should all be afraid off. That spreads much faster than corona.

korando1234, Jess Peletier and MTR like this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

What about the vaccine??

Economy going to take a big hit

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, agree
    But you understand there is a hidden agenda right..... and its more about politics than corona, funny

Big A likes this.
  18. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I heard somebody expressing a lot of concern about Cambodia - it sounds ominous, but I don't have much to verify what they've said.

What is verifiable is that they allowed in a cruise ship which several other countries had refused, and let people go with minimal testing.
    Cambodia’s Coronavirus Complacency May Exact a Global Toll

What's not verifiable is that they say that Chinese are being allowed free passage into the country without checking (the country depends heavily on Chinese aid) and that people have been ordered not to wear masks. Testing is minimal, and so it's possible that Cambodia will become a problem source. There are no travel restrictions for people from Cambodia entering Australia.

Toon likes this.
  19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Twelve months at least before a vaccine can be properly tested and mass produced.

Lizzie, Toon and gman65 like this.
  20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I am hoping sooner

side note just read it takes 1 billion dollars to develop a vaccine