Corner site subdivision zoning loophole - Como

Discussion in 'Development' started by Beachsnow, 17th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I have a mate who works at Mandurah council. Apparently a surveyor lodged a subby over site and WAPC approved against Mandurah's recommendation. Long story short the subdivider can't get a compliant crossover approved. It gets complicated and even the pros can get it wrong.

Last edited: 21st Aug, 2019
  2. yang jiang

yang jiang New Member

Hi Angad,
    Do you know the 5% variation applies to corner block? Can 687 square meter corner block in R20 zone be subdivide in Perth?
    Thanks

3. JonR

JonR New Member

No, the 5% variation does not apply to corner blocks.

You need a minimum of 700sqm to subdivide a corner block under the R20 corner block zoning variation with at least one of the subdivided blocks being a minimum of 350sqm.

4. Username86

Username86 Well-Known Member

I thought the minimum applies to both lots?

Single Bedroom Dwelling could be an option but I find they don't tend to stack up on two lot subdivisions.

5. JonR

JonR New Member

Correct, so technically both lots need to each be a minimum of 350sqm, however if you have a corner block of say 750 sqm, 1 of the lots could be 350sqm and the other 400sqm subject to WA Planning Commission approval

Username86 likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.