QLD Corio strathpine loganlea slacks creek

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katie, 14th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

moreton bay slacks creek corio

1. Moreton bay

34 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Slacks creek

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. Corio

11 vote(s)
    17.7%
  1. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

hey there got it down to these 4 atm I know Corio has seen huge growth in the past 12 months not sure it has much huge growth left just wondering your guys opinions out of these 4 I can get a 900 sqm block in slacks creek for mid 3s or strathpine 600 sqm for high 3s.

2. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Or Corio 600 block for about the same the rent is crap but do you guys think Corio will have way better cg then Moreton Bay or Logan in the next 5 to 10 years.

3. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I have the option for a granny flat in slacks creek but I’m more leaning towards Moreton bay still out if these 3 I have 1 month more to decide and I’m buying.

4. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I’ve also considered Perth but I know nothing about it seems to be boom or bust up there I think long term it’s good but not shorter term I reckon you could get a steal up there atm but low ball houses but I see more potential in Brisbane.

5. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

A lot of Sydney people move to Brisbane when there priced out of that market same with Victorians I can’t see to many wanting to relocate to Perth but I’m sure it will boom in years like it has before.

6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Katie, you can edit a post once you've created it for a short period of time afterward. It's not really necessary to keep making posts.

7. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

If you can afford Moreton Bay I would say that's your best bet for the next 5-10 years. Try get close to the new uni as much as your budget allows and aim for around 5% yield if possible.

Corio has already seen 30% growth in the last 12 months and will always be constrained by other parts of Geelong prices so if you're looking for growth my opinion would be Moreton Bay out of the 3.

Cheers,
    David

8. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Sorry

9. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot David I really value your advice I've been reading your posts for ages I agree.

10. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Slacks Creek, along with surrounds, is a pretty safe bet- but it seems like the Moreton Shire is really firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Side note- they're pretty different price points aren't they?

Katie likes this.
  11. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Hello Tom I think I’m going to end up with Moreton Bay seems a lot of Logan areas are moving but barely it’s a difference off about $50.000 but with the uni and the way prices are moving I think I’ll be going there.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  12. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

No reason for a sorry, just saying so that it's clearer for people reading :)

WandereringTribe, jefn89 and Katie like this.
  13. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the votes guys I'm basing my choice off this poll so keep them coming please it's time to make a decision and it's looking more and more like strathpine bray park lawnton not going Kallangur a bit to far in my eyes but sure it will do well.

14. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

You would purchase an investment property based on a poll on an online forum?

I think you need to do more of your own research. Why not consider all three areas?

Joynz and MissMel like this.
  15. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Hi Katie, I wouldn't discount Kallangur as well. I've got clients who bought at Kallangur 6 months ago and made $20K clean equity just with buy and hold so goes to show it's really about the deal itself.

When I was buying I would focus on a number of targeted suburbs at same time, saved the searches and just keep monitoring new listings that come up everyday. I usually check it twice a day - lunch time and after work, so that as soon as a potential deal comes up I would do my DD and jump on it straight away to maximize my chances. So to me, the deal itself is much more important than getting into one specific suburb.

Now how do you classify whether the deal is good or not? The criteria I used is listed in my lessons learnt post which should give you some guidance:
    What I learnt out of buying 7 properties

Cheers,
    David

Ross 355, Tom Rivera and Katie like this.
  16. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

No I've been to all 3 areas done tons of research checked train lines schools shops the new uni I know what I'm doing but waiting is costing me money so need to choose.

Ross 355 and Tom Rivera like this.
  17. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

But I think David is right about Corio last year it went up some crazy amount like 20 percent its caught up nearly to some of the better parts of Geelong I think it still has growth but I think moreton bay has also and much better yields.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  18. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Thanks David good ideas I've got it down to Lawnton,Bray Park,strathpine, maybe Kallangur but I prefer the other 3.

19. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Waiting could also make you money and rushing to buy could cost you a crap load more than waiting, especially with credit tightening and cost of it rising. I understand you're not talking huge dollar areas but dont feel like your going to miss out, I've done that afew times and it gets expensive

Tom Rivera and Katie like this.
  20. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I definitely haven’t rushed in Silverson I’ve done about 5 trips up there also I don’t feel like I need to rush with Logan prices are exactly the same just about as I first started looking.

Silverson likes this.