Corelogic Valuations are a waste of time & money

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by standtall, 8th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

See my above post - they obviously got your account details from somewhere
    Need more info

2. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

They have not done their job. I did not either request them to cancel the evaluation. How can this be called cancellation fee. Even if the bank or another party cancel it, they should not be allowed to simply deduct fee from my account. The professional way is that they contact me, explain to me what happened, why they need to charge me, and send you an invoice to pay. Right?
    It was the bank job to do the evaluation. They said that it is expensive to bank to do evaluation prior to auction as I may want to attend many auctions. So, I said I will pay. They asked my bank card info and contacted those guys. I never signed any authorisation form. At the time of request, the bank asked my credit card info. Now, why should I pay cancellation fee.

3. Lindsay_W

There you go, they asked for credit card details and you gave them to them, they are authorised to charge a fee to that card for time wasted on their part, nothing dodgy.

Most agents won't allow you to order a valuation pre-auction of course they won't that would defeat the purpose of the auction! Generally need to have a signed contract before you can order a full valuation, your bank should have told you this prior to ordering the valuation.
    You should be angry at your BANK not the valuation firm, the bank cancelled the order and passed the cost on to you...

Last edited: 2nd Apr, 2020
  4. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

Update: Finally, I convinced them that since I did not have any agreements for cancellation fee, either verbally or written, they must return the money as it is obviously illegal. They tried to get away with it, but finally returned the amount. The money value was not important in this case to me, it was just the cost of a pizza. Their action of deducting money directly from my account before explaining to me the reasons and without my knowledge was misusing the right of direct debit permission and was something that I could not get along with. They may have done this to many people. If some people stand for their rights, they will stop. Thanks Lindsay.

Lindsay_W likes this.
  5. Lindsay_W

Glad you got your money back, but the fact is they're not in the business to take $27.50 off people, they would much prefer to complete the job and get the money for the valuation, it's much more than $27.50 - I still believe your bank should have explained this to you properly in the first place when they took your credit card details you should have known exactly what those details were needed for.