QLD Coomera-Helensvale

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Juke007, 19th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Juke007

Juke007 Member

Morning,

Earlier this year, I heard reports that the Coomera/Helensvale area in south Qld was one of the better areas to invest in property in 2016. With the additional infrastructure being implemented with the M1 and the massive Westfield creating a huge amount of jobs, the small percentage of rentals that are without tennants and the close proximity to Gold Coast's attractions, it does sound like a good spot to buy in.

There's also the fact that Helensvale High School is a sought after high school where you need to reside in the Helensvale catchment area.

I'd love to hear some thoughts from people that know their stuff on the forum and whether a house investment of about 500-600k to rent out is the way to go. I'm not really after any short-term gain, but rather a longer term investment where i can move into a cash positive position sooner and then hold the asset as the capital grows.

Thanks in advance.

2. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

Hi Juke. Helensvale is quite a nice suburb and parts of coomera will become nice over time. There are lots of renter's employed by light rail and commonwealth game construction in these areas, as it's cheap, though a fair way out from beaches, and noisy from the motorway traffic. Apparently these projects pushed up prices a bit during 2015. What will happen once the construction is over, is my worry. Prices haven't changed here in 2016, and any real capital gains were made in 2015. It's now taking twice the time to sell houses in these areas, than last year.

Around the area there is presently a shortage of house rentals, which is good in one way, but I don't think that will last.

Longer term I think values will very slowly go up, but with the traditional gold coast up n down along the way.

Yield is much better closer to beaches and broadwater.

:)

Last edited: 19th Jul, 2016
  3. Juke007

Juke007 Member

Thank you for that information Luka. I am leaning towards Helensvale and will also consider a place like Southport as well. I wouldnt be looking to sell in the short-term so am hopeful that these areas which are considered growth areas pan out that way.

4. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

You are welcome.

Southport might give you better results all round if you can buy east of Beale / brook St.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Last edited: 19th Jul, 2016
  5. Juke007

Juke007 Member

What's everyone's thoughts on Hollywell as a suburb? And how's the general rental demand there?

6. Juke007

Juke007 Member

Anyone got any opinions on Eagleby? Looks smack bang in the middle of GC and Brisbane.

7. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Best priced waterfront on the coast

ta

rolf

8. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

very happy suburb that one