Contesting vcat outcomes?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Truly Exotic, 15th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

That is true VCAT order is just an order you have to enforce it.

I have some VCAT orders - on damages, rent - you still need to get it enforced through the magistrate court to get a sheriff to evict (which cost $300) or get them blacklisted. For small amounts, i wouldn't consider it.

2. melbournian

Only if the works is than $750 or if it is gas related install, it used to be $500. and they have to organize it with the VBA 5 days after completion of works and send it to the owner otherwise a building complaint can be lodged with the VBA[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

3. melbournian

which part of melbourne did you go VCAT to? i have been to werribee and melbourne CBD VCAT and to be honest, they have acted reasonable based on my arguements. i think you agent is possibly inexperienced in VCAT but really these costs are seemingly not that much. Even if you win VCAT, the tenants can decide not to pay, vacate and you're going to have to chase them. sometimes it is worthwhile just going to insurance. i have done the blacklisting of tenants, using debt collectors, eviction orders with sherriffs, use police to secure my property etc. Unless the amount is substantial - i would find other alternatives