NSW Contents Insurance for PPOR?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Jmillar, 8th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

So I bought a PPOR (unit) early this year and don't have contents insurance but figure I really should have something in place!

Any recommendations on best companies for this?

My car insurances are with NRMA and my IPs are with EBM so they would be easy choices.

2. ACH123

ACH123 Active Member

Finder comparison is usually the best.

3. Hayley Cannon

Hayley Cannon Well-Known Member

EBM have told me in the past they aren't really competitive on PPOR insurance.

We were previously with NRMA, changed to St George (please don't bother doing this) and I have also used CGU. Claims process with CGU has been the smoothest.

4. Jmillar

Thanks. I got a quote with EBM and NRMA and EBM was way off (even though I have 9 other policies with them).

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We are with Youi after being treated shabbily by Suncorp. Very happy and the one claim we made was a breeze.

6. Jmillar

What was the claim for?

I'm in a very secure unit complex with a lot of elderly neighbours who are always home - the chances of being broken into are very low. My main concern is if there's a leak that damages our timber floors and new kitchen etc.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia