Congratulations to NSW Liberal government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Illusivedreams, 24th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I caught up with my mum this morning. She said that she wasn't too happy with one of my brothers for having voted a certain way (not the way she voted). His excuse was that he knew the candidate (either through a school or other contact) and they were a decent person.

Unfortunately, decency and politics don't mix once they're in power. They must tow the party line or get toed.

2. scienceman

scienceman Well-Known Member

There was less need for infrastructure back then when Sydney wasn't growing by 100,000 people a year. In other words all the new infrastructure is just an attempt to stand still in the face of rampant population growth. And we have to pay for it with the most tolled roads in the World. As well there is the opportunity cost, ie instead of spending 10's of billions on infrastructure and just standing still, we could be spending more on community services and actually improving peoples lives.

3. scienceman

No country has ever made itself prosperous by building infrastructure just to stand still in the face of rampant population growth.

4. scienceman

Good luck with 'World class'. Infrastructure Australia predicts more congestion and less access to services under all plausible build outs for Sydney under the current population projections. And with stamp duty falling and the fact that the libs have already sold everything not nailed down how do you think they can keep up with infrastructure spending? No wonder they called for immigration into the State to be halved!

5. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

True, even JR said, he realized he cannot help all, they nearly killed him...
    But he also said, it's not the motivation or inspiration BUT knowledge is the key. If you inspire or motivate an idiot you will have a motivated and inspired idiot! I thought wow, that's so true and perhaps some of don't get the common sense, but what is common sense?

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

upload_2019-3-25_16-14-50.png

Only a 1 seat to be finalised.

Illusivedreams likes this.
  7. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

You have a very strong point of view.
    I feel any attempt to rebut your claims and opinion would just result in an argument.

So I will say I humbly disagree...

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia