Congrats Simon L - January API Feature

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Michael_X, 8th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Great article. Good on you mate.

Simon L likes this.
  2. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    Congratulations @Simon L .. here's to your wealth success!

Simon L and Sackie like this.
  3. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

I've seen @Jacque before on it about 2 years ago. I think it was one with real estate professionals giving advice

Jacque likes this.
  4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I've been in the odd article or two over the past 10 years in various mags, newspapers etc :D - as well as videos, webinars etc. Always great for business exposure of course but even before that I enjoyed being featured as a personal investor, as I am a firm believer in fellow investors sharing their knowledge, successes and experiences.

I also made my TV debut last Sat on Sky News RE (Channel 602) talking about holiday homes and whether or not they make valid investments. Can't put the link of the interview up here due to copyright issues but here's a screenshot in the meantime- was very exciting but nerve-wracking as they are live to air!
    12241765_904029573037324_8300810010573583337_n.jpg

bob shovel, Mr Dabolina, 733 and 8 others like this.
  5. Bender12

Bender12 Well-Known Member

@Simon L , well done. If you could PM article that would be great :)

Simon L likes this.
  6. Krakers

Krakers Member

@Simon L , congratulation. Very nice..... Also if u can pm me the article please.

Simon L likes this.
  7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

We were in the mag Dec 2012:)

SouthBoy likes this.
  8. Aaronjod

Aaronjod Well-Known Member

Nice @Simon L - send me the article too?

733 and Simon L like this.
  9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Well done guys!
    I've got the mag at home, look forward to reading it.

10. bez23

bez23 Well-Known Member

@Simon L Congratulations! PM please..

11. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Congratulations Simon

Could you please send me the article too:)

Simon L likes this.
  12. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Great work @Simon L! Just got around to reading your article, always great to read and have a connection to the article. Inspiring!

With regards to your exit plan from your JOB... When do you see yourself handing in your resignation and what is the plan for the next chapter if you care to share?
    You mention developing but also working as a buyers agent, is the plan to enter the BA world and developing once you get a few years of business payslips under your belt?

Simon L and Sackie like this.
  13. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Congrats Simon, I would love to read the article please :)

Simon L likes this.
  14. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Hi Bob,

My current job is not a complete misery, and if anything helps reinforce some structure and discipline each day. Without getting into specifics (hello colleagues?), I can only say that I'll give it the boot when the time and energy spent pulling in x salary is outweighed by the same efforts on my property endeavors. Another thing to consider is meeting serviceability so if I do quit, its basically bye bye to getting another loan for the next 2 years.

As for next chapter, I am definitely looking to diverse away from QLD and getting my hands dirty with a proper development project (has been my goal since day 1). Will also explore buy and holds in other states as well. That said, its always difficult to turn down great deals when they come up! (hence being a BA). Since the article was written I have actually sold a Sydney property which settled earlier this month so the proceeds from that will help with getting that next step underway. Part of the reason for selling was also to mitigate some exposure from the Sydney market and offset anticipated rate rises so I can hold onto Logan until they're ripe for offloading.

Buyers agent really came about with demand from other investors wanting me to help them purchase IP's coupled with me coming across more deals than I can buy (never in a million years did I expect people wanting advice from me lol). It's not been something I've actively advertised or marketed at all and although the demand and client base has grown much more than anticipated, I don't intend to become the next Birch or Ameer as my passion lies in personal growth through my own property endeavors. Despite my cheesy smile on API (and signature), its not something I want to use to make a living or shape a career out of!

Zoolander likes this.