Confusing: tenants are going to ask for rent reduction?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by charlie01, 20th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. marmot

marmot Well-Known Member

There probably to worried about getting thrown in jail, copping a big fine or even possibly getting stripped of their licence to be to concerned with investors that dont understand the rules that govern their industry, unfortunately it only takes the action of a few to undermine the whole issue.
    As far as reviewing financial strategy , that boat probably sailed at least 4 or 5 weeks ago .
    It was known by the end of February that covid-19 had spread beyond China and was in Iran , South Korea and Italy.
    U.S authorities were also completely unaware that it was spreading through their country, with many returning Australians bringing the virus back to Australia.
    Unfortunately our Border Security agencies were also completely asleep at the wheel , and never even implemented the most basic strategies to combat the virus coming from the U.S.A.
    Which has a huge population coming from Italian heritage, and is top on the list when heading to Europe.

Cia likes this.
  2. Owlet

Owlet Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that your PM has been silent. I have had the opposite experience. One PM ran a Zoom session for all landlords - gave us info and time for Q&A. Another PM replied in a timely matter as I asked what occupations my tenants had when they applied - to give me some insight into if they are essential workers or likely to lose their jobs. I am now in a position of how many / if any of my tenants will be affected and in turn where I will need to chip in.

3. Cia

Cia Well-Known Member

I've heard from the PM it's a Qld property the REIQ is running a landlords PR campaign on this. My tenant is apparently fine, no issues with job. Fingers crossed going forward.