Confused about where to buy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by kirsty2711, 21st Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kirsty2711

kirsty2711 Member

Hi, I want to buy an investment property soon but don't know where to buy it. I've been checking out Adelaide (specifically the northern suburbs), Brisbane, the Gold Coast and far north QLD. I'm looking for something with good capital growth and positive cash flow. Can anyone offer suggestions? Do you recommend I use a BA for these areas since I'm so new (and have very limited time due to work)? Any suggestions for BA for these particular areas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

DaveM is a BA on here for the Adelaide area. Just recently helped me out in the Northern suburbs

3. Do Androids Dream

Do Androids Dream Well-Known Member

Welcome Kristy, can you tell us a little more about yourself, including your strategy? Perhaps the specific suburbs you've been looking at in Adelaide's north, Brisbane, Gold Coast and far north Qld?

Why have you narrowed your search to Adelaide's north? There's been some very specific threads covering this area in terms of capital growth and yield. Well worth the read regarding Adelaide and Brisbane.

If this is your first investment property, I think an investment in your own education and research is long-term gold. Of course, a BA can assist you but you will be in a better position to do this if you learn yourself. If you decide to use a BA, you can also guide them rather than walking in blind. I'm not necessarily for or against BAs (I've never used their services), but you do need to be aware of the pros and cons (as with everything in life). For example, there have been a number of posters write about their disappointment in the lack of capital growth - which can never be guaranteed by anyone - compared to their own selected property purchases.......

Remember, you are parting ways with several hundreds of thousands of dollars and regardless of how busy you are, it is worth your time to get it right.

samiam likes this.
  4. kirsty2711

kirsty2711 Member

Hi thanks for the input. I cant really say what my strategy is that's why I want to use a BA. I feel like I'm stumbling in the dark but I'm not giving up on investing. I'll learn..... I just hope it's not through making mistakes.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

This will also happen so give up on that notion. Sure minimise mistakes, but you will also learn a lot through making mistakes along the way. It's inevitable.

The key is to learn enough and make enough good contacts to help you so that you can hopefully avoid any major mistakes.

samiam likes this.
  6. private_number

private_number Well-Known Member

I think you're not ready to invest just yet.

Do your own research, read these forums. There's a wealth of knowledge here.

Google is also your best friend.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.