Concreting Product Cost

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by PRD_85, 26th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PRD_85

PRD_85 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    A bit of a random one - but a close friend of mine is looking to undergo a small townhouse development in Melbourne, Victoria and we need to engage a concreter for the construction of the house slab (circa 250m2).

I know the going rate is circa $100/sqm at a retail level, but we were thinking of supplying the materials for the job ourselves.

Does anyone have access to a complete material and associated cost breakdown of how much the TOTAL material would cost us to supply to the concreter?

Paul

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Without seeing the engineering drawings, it'd be difficult to provide guide, possibly contact a quantity surveyor

3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Would a concreter accept a labour-only job?

Most concreters would supply formwork and steel too as well as ordering the premix.

I guess you could ask about labour only and you pay for the premix truck, reo etc.

It will be interesting to see if you can get anyone to do this -or get it cheaper.

Last edited: 26th Feb, 2018
  4. Joseph33

Joseph33 Well-Known Member

I'm a concretor myself and in Sydney for a standard waffle slab you're looking $35-40 + gst per m2 for formwork, steelfixing and pouring. That doesn't include excavation or piers. That's also