Compounding Philanthropy- help and spread

Discussion in 'Philanthropy' started by rajorich, 27th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. rajorich

rajorich Member

Just an idea chugged to my mind and though putting up there just to see if its worth exploring -
    A background - i have been teaching underprivileged students (college grade) with skills which are in demand in current IT market and make them get high paying jobs soon enough with the condition of their choice- (they will help someone needy by passing those skills and make he/she self reliant /donate % of their first pay check to charity of their choice /donate a fix amount at the end of year to charity or on someone's education).

Wouldn't that be a good idea that experienced PC members help new/novice PC members on guiding property ladder in return of that fellow PC member donate "%/fixed" amount to charity ( of their choice if needed) from the profit made .imagine a culture where money (or any favor in return)is not the motivation and people are aligned to the cause, would be compounding I imagine in long run as you lay down a culture for others to follow. just a thought ...

2. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Philanthropy is a great thing when properly focused. I prefer to direct any charitable activities where I choose, don't like door knockers tin rattlers etc.

Isn't this exactly what you are proposing, people receiving a service (education) and money is expected in return?

3. rajorich

rajorich Member

Isn't this exactly what you are proposing, people receiving a service (education) and money is expected in return?[/QUOTE]

Not really , i am asking them to consider passing benefit to another needy person , either donating to charity or helping a needy one personally. in this way you inspire them to see the bigger picture as well.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Like said above, I would (and do) rather just donate directly to my preferred charities. I think if newbies want serious 1:1 help or further professional services then the provider should receive profits for their time, experience and expertise. That's my opinion anyway.