Completed Driveway (cross over) without correct approval - HELP

Discussion in 'Development' started by waterbaby, 30th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. waterbaby

waterbaby Member

In QLD with a new build and got driveway put in post build without correct approval. Long story but basically we submitted the incorrect form (VXO), needed an Operational Works form and on day of pour inspector came by said wrong application, concreter said will still cost me as truck was there ready to pour and all formwork was completed so might as well go ahead and reapply for approval post build. This is all via a phone call while I am at work so under the pump and said ok pour the concrete.

Anyway major stuff up, how can I fix this and get approval without ripping it up as the cross over is 15 metres long and 3 and a bit metres wide.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Have you called BCC and asked them if they can approve retrospectively. If an inspector was there he would have seen the formwork. Perhaps he can simply rubbed stamp the correct form?

3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Hope the concreter took some photos before the pour as it may help support your case in getting approval.

If the inspector was there on the day and it was simply an admin error being the wrong form submitted, there really shouldn’t be an issue getting it sorted out after the pour.

Sackie likes this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What sort of cross over is
    ?

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I've done this before. Was under the pump waiting for council to come to inspect as they promised. Concreter, tradies all waiting. Everything formed up. Waited and waited . Many calls to the department with no one answering. I made the call to go ahead. We took pictures of everything, especially the spine laid inside .

Council was mega ****** but accepted the photos and passed it post build . They were truely not happy and threatened to rip it up at one point.

Hope you have pictures and documentation of everything .

Propertunity likes this.