Company letterhead makes it all legit

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Simon Hampel, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Nobody accepts a reference on letterhead for these reasons. And lenders look for more than a letter confirming income.

These days you can be a managing director with a prominent address, an ABN, website and secretary taking calls and be in your PJs in another city. Running a business that does jack.

2. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

I rang the bank one time with regards to a loan variance. They still required the forms to be mailed to them.... This was only a few years ago, by the way. Fast forward a couple of weeks, nothing had changed, so I called them. They said they didn't get the forms, so I asked them for an email address to forward the scanned copies to and they said they didn't accept scanned copies, I'd have to fax them.

Yep.

Poor Jack :(.

3. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

I've had this, too! And it's even more absurd given that I use a virtual fax, and then just email the scans to [faxnumber]@[emaildomain] in order for the documents to pop out of their fax machine. :p

FFS. :rolleyes:

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

This used to make me laugh when I ditched my fax machine for a virtual fax service (this was over 10 years ago!) ... "sorry, we can't accept scanned copies sent by email, you'll have to fax them" ... so I sent them a fax - which involves scanning the document and emailing it to the fax gateway :rolleyes:

5. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

Snap. :)