Commsec / Bankwest

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by wombat777, 26th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Since CBA/Commsec and Bankwest are part of the same group of companies, can anyone confirm whether transfers of funds between accounts with these institutions are instant?

2. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know but is the bank number part of the BSB for each account the same ? For CBA that's the 06 in 06x-xxx. If they are, then it's possible, if not then I don't think so.

3. gecko235

gecko235 Active Member

No I dont think so. My gf and I tried buying a phone and it ended up taking so long we moved money over from another account.

4. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

No. Transfers between cba accounts aren't instant either.

Nice way to make money for the banks. The way Richard Pryor did in Superman 3. Skim off the small money in this case whilst "in transit". Make up some ridiculous excuse when everyone knows that these could be done instantaneously.

Excalibur1 likes this.
  5. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

Only instant between your own accounts within the one Bank. Even though different banks may belong to same group (e.g. Westpac/BoM or CBA/Bankwest) still legally required to undergo sanctions & laundering screening, clearance and ledger balancing so usually an overnight process at best.

6. ramblin72

ramblin72 Well-Known Member

I have an account with both and I've noticed if I trf from CBA to Bankwest early in the day its sometimes there that night. If I post later in the day, the money is in the next morning. I personally think it is quicker between them but not instant.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia