Commonwealth Games - Anyone looking at Short Term leasing for the Commonwealth Games

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Tonibell, 4th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Have a rental property at Wynnum and it is now out of lease and having complaints from the neigbours that the yard is a mess. Agent has recommended that they be given notice. With the Commonwealth Games coming up next year, I was looking at doing a fully furnished short term rental. Has anyone considered this option for their rental properties.

Currently this property is giving a very, very low yield. It is a very small house on a big block of land, hence the neighbours will not be impacted by the noise.

The other problem I have is that I reside in Sydney.

Am I just looking for trouble, Investors idea would be helpful.

2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Wynnum is quite a distance from the Gold Coast and there's no shortage of rentals down there, I can't see you getting a strong demand from the Commonwealth Games.

3. Chivaun.Shortis

Chivaun.Shortis Well-Known Member

Maybe a Air BNB would be your better option or fully furnished rental for people working in Brisbane CBD. You would be looking at an hour to get to Commonwealth games. The only places close by for Commonwealth Games would be Belmont for the shooting and chandler for the bike racing if they are doing it at the velodrome there.