Common/ bizzare Buying Mistakes - what have you seen?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by BuyersAgent, 17th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

2. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

or thinking that they are buying something they don't actually own.
    i have seen it once or twice. purchaser decides to get a survey after they've bought it. only to discover the true limits of their lot.

actually did a survey on this one last week in Bellevue Hill.
    Adjoining owners had no idea where the boundary was and one had built a shed on the neighbours lot.

price per sqm is large in this area. its not going to end friendly.

Attached Files:

3. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

@bmc boundary errors are actually quite common, anything purchased without a fresh survey is liable to have at least minor errors...sorry to hear it hit you.

4. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

@BuyersAgent
    not mine, a client.
    agreed, quite common and boundary disputes or boundary redefinition keeps me very busy.

BuyersAgent likes this.
  5. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Hey Leo,

Held tight, came up to my max on around Thursday I think it was, agent tried her best but dragged it out past Sat to gain some more interest from the open home and got it sold $4k higher..

Unfortunately I’ve now found another place down the road and have to deal with the same agent - which is actually a better property in my view ($2m land value split between 4) purchasing for just above land Val, desktop has all ready come in quite a lot higher, I’ve met the owners expectation on price within $5-10k, yet feel the agent is trying the same tactic. She scored #1 last year so it’s almost as though the agent is proving a point and trying to gain the highest prices in the area. Rather than just allowing a buyer & seller to meet the market and sell.

Haven’t been unreasonable, always quick to reply, my offers include large deposits, 2 week settlement, and as I said within $10k of what the owner has indicated. It’s driving me nuts

Stoffo likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hang in there. Personally I'd rather miss out on 10 average deals to score 1 good deal.

EN710, Angel and Codie like this.
  7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I'm pretty fast to ridicule others for making dumbness purchases.

"Didn't they look over the fence?"
    "Didn't they understand that the industrial estate has been there for at least 50 years?"
    Did they think the creek running along the back boundary was a selling feature? (It's a raging torrent during Summer storms and floods the laundry and the carpeted downstairs living rooms)

Yet I have managed to buy without looking at the street directory until after settlement. O, that's going to be a *******' major arterial road over the back fence in twenty years............. :oops::oops::oops:

Good thing the state government takes an eternity to build anything they promise.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  8. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

I’d be interested to hear about your purchases angel?

9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

They have been so bad.......

Tom Rivera likes this.
  10. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Wise words there. Thank you!