QLD Commission rates in Redbank Plains

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by sham.v007, 13th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sham.v007

sham.v007 Active Member

Hi all. Can someone let me know what are the current commission rates for 4 BR rental property management in Redbank Plains. Thank you.

2. AaronCG

AaronCG Member

Hi,

That is going to really depend on the individual property management agency and their specific service offering.

When we launched our agency the market rates were generally between 7-8% + gst for management fees. There was also a big mix of the other usual fees, including some interesting ones.

Redbank Plains and Ipswich is a large region with alot of diversity in service offerings (...read good and bad service).

If you're seeking a new agent, I always recommend calling a few different agencies, chating about their fees, your needs and then trying to select an agency that aligns to you.

Fees are important, but never underestimate the value that great service can have on your return.

All the best!

Aaron

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  3. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Hi Sham, I agree with the above sentiments. You'll usually pay between 7-8%.

Fee doesn't always correlate to good service, BUT good service is worth a lot more than the difference in fee- a bad agent can easily lose an entire year's fees in one screw up on a tenant exit or changeover or by using poor trades (bad workmanship or overpriced).

4. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

agree, price doesnt mean service/quality

in my experience the agents that charge higher often have convoluted reasons why they charge higher such as "the sky is blue in your area"

Michael Mitchell and Tom Rivera like this.