Commercial Warehouse Construction Cost

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by NWHT, 19th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. NWHT

NWHT Well-Known Member

Hi All,

As I understand from speaking to a small handful of commercial builders and reading online that the industry standard for warehouse construction is $1200 psm (design and material dependant).

Would those experiences PC members advise whether this rate is also applicable to the construction of an internal mezzanine?

I have read the cost for a mezzanine should be significantly lower, around $140 - $200 psm (again design and material dependant).... however I have seen on other websites the following costs:

0 – 60m2 = $550/m2 (estimated)

60 – 150m2 = $450/m2 (estimated)

150 – 250m2 = $380/m2 (estimated)

250 – 350m2 = $370/m2 (estimated)

Can anyone please provide some first ha d experience to mezzanine costing psm?

TIA

Property Guts likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Mezzanines decked out for office space are more expensive than general warehouse areas - slab, air conditioning, carpet, painted plasterboard walls, ceiling, insulation, greater lighting levels, additional power circuits, amenities area etc.

Television and Property Guts like this.
  3. Television

Television Well-Known Member

Hey mate,

Really depends on what you want out of the mezzanine and also what structure is there already. Is it just a steel frame with some basic flooring and a handrail around it for storage of goods? Do you want it to be another office? Is there an existing mezzanine with a stair which can provide access?

I don't know any square metre rates off the top of my head but depending on what you're after can recommend a company to call.

4. Television

Television Well-Known Member

Oh, one other thing - those rates are contingent on size and site as well. What are the stormwater requirements? Do you need to build any retaining walls? Any site remediation? How big a mezzanine, if it's 5x8, $8,000 might be a bit slim.

Not trying to be negative, just help provide context for filtering and considering the information you've received.