Commercial Property Opportunities in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Chabs, 21st Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have been looking at commercial property rates for Brisbane, specifically for warehouses & showroom/bulky goods type of locations.

The market is strikingly cheap compared to Sydney, it is a much further gap between Brisbane commercial and Sydney commercial property than the gap between Brisbane resi and Sydney resi.

Near the heart of the city, for decent showroom style locations, there are leases for $150 ex gst and under.. some include outgoings. In Sydney you have to venture out very far to get even close to those rates! Warehouses out as far as Blacktown are going for $150 ex GST.

Some leases on major roads or just near them are also extremely cheap.

Assuming the gap is fairly large now, would there be room for Brisbane commercial to catch up to Sydney? Anyone who is very familiar with the area keen to share some of their expertise on Brisbane's commercial property situation and their thoughts on where it's headed?

What are current yields and are they attractive? I am considering shopping for commercial property over there.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

$150 what? $/m²?

I've always found rents around Pinkemba very expensive by Sydney standards .

Rich2011 likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice