SA Commercial Property Advice - Sydney Eastern Suburbs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ash55555, 14th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ash55555

Ash55555 Member

I was looking to buy a commerical property in Sydney around $400-$500 mark in eastern suburb.
    I understand risks, etc.

What is best way to find commercial property? This would be first time. I notice on Commercial Real Estate app, the prices are never written and it is really slow and painful exercise to contact agents.

Is there better way?

Also, within Sydney any suburbs people recommend. Ideally eastern or lower north as that is familiar area.

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

3. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

$400/500k is not going to get much.
    Maybe a 25m shop in. An. Average area in the east.

Cia and Scott No Mates like this.
  4. EricIP

EricIP Well-Known Member

Once you start contacting agents and ask for Information Memorandum, Your search criteria will be recorded in the agents' database and will receive tons of emails with matching properties.

But frankly, with $500k, you won't get anything in sydney. even with $1m, you won't get much in sydney unless you don't mind those vacant shops/offices with great risk of vacancy. With SMSF, there are so many investors looking $1~2m range.

5. Ash55555

Ash55555 Member

Thanks. What about office spaces? I recall 4 years ago there was around 50 sqm office space in lower north shore (pacific highway) for around 300k. Would have be worth over 600k now?

6. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Commercial. Usually but not always has higher yield with lower capital gains.

7. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i personally wouldnt look at offices.

those small 30-50sqm one can be awesome and easy to find tenant because cafes are the crazy.. yield really well too.. you make more money from the tenant than tenant make from sellling coffee.. even these dont come cheap now.. they go for a 800 - $1m yielding 6-8%.

if u buy in the "pre - boom" many are looking at 10-12%. eastern suburbs dont have much commercial, commercial game are in the west or inner west..