Commercial Lending Rates and Deposit

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Robot85, 7th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Robot85

Robot85 New Member

Hi Folks,
    I'm looking to buy commercial property for mixed use in 2021, can anyone confirm what % deposit I would need and what interest rates I should expect on a 750K loan? I'm particularly interested where the property is on Commercial 2 zoning, as opposed to Commercial 1.

Cheers.
    Rob

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

A lot will come down to

the property itself and current tenancy mix, the LVR and if u want a set and forget loan

ta
    rolf

3. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Commercial loans are very different to residential loans - the following are the main points to consider:

1. Loan term - can range anywhere from 15 to 30 years
    2. Annual reviews (this is one if not the most important point) - some lenders conduct annual or semi regular reviews and some don't have any reviews for the life of the loan
    3. Interest Rate
    4. LVR - can range anywhere from 60% - 80% (maybe lower depending on the security type such as a petrol station)
    5. Fees

The above is a general guide - going back to you question ANZ has superior in the sub $1mil space, you have no annual reviews, 30 year loan terms, 80% LVR, low fees and excellent rates (e.g 2.95% fixed for 2 and 3 years and equally good IO and P&I Variable rates).

4. Robot85

Robot85 New Member

Thanks Shahin and Rolf,

I’ll take a look at ANZ, which we had missed on the commercial lending so far. Do you know if there is any extra difficulty being in Melbourne’s Commercial 2 zoning?