Commercial debt adviser and ex-institutional property investor

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mathew Marasigan, 3rd Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mathew Marasigan

Mathew Marasigan Member

Hi everyone

As an intro, I am a commercial adviser/mortgage broker with experience in investment banking (corporate/commercial debt advisory) and managing commercial property (office, retail, industrial) and loan portfolios for a large super fund.

I find this a very interesting time in the Australian residential property sector given the number of factors at play (lending policy, economy, technology, etc).

Overall, I want to share my thoughts with this group with the intention that some participants may gain the benefit of a different perspective from an experienced corporate debt adviser and institutional property investor.

Mathew

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattmara/

2. headsonbeds

headsonbeds Well-Known Member

High Matt.

With all of this talk about resi finance what is the state of rates and lending conditions in the commercial lending environment.

Thanks

3. Mathew Marasigan

Mathew Marasigan Member

Lending conditions in the commercial sectors not exposed to residential development are strong. Interest rates are also falling as a result of the RBA announcements.

We are not seeing the same reduction in lending volumes as with residential mortgages.

The issues with lending and serviceability standards were dealt with years ago post-GFC and we have seen a huge introduction of new lenders.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia