Coloured sealant for driveway

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Jess Peletier, 5th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hi all,

We're renovating our house and we currently have a cream brick paver driveway. We need to widen it, and are also going to landscape the front with a heap more paving. The drive is mostly in good conditon and after speaking to some tradies are considering using old pavers for the new part and spraying the whole lot for a uniform look.

Has anyone done this before? Just wondering if I'm better off ripping the whole lot up and starting again .

2. D.K

D.K Well-Known Member

3. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Use a roller and apply the coloured concrete sealer. Don't use paving paint as it will peel over time. With a sealer it doesn't usually peel it just fades.

4. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Agree with Brian, use a sealer not a paving paint. I'm about to seal my new concrete driveway but I keep taking on other projects and don't get to it. You can get a 20L for around $200 and roll it on.

5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Thanks! In your experience, if the pavers are different colours will this show through the sealer?

6. Timmyd02

Timmyd02 Active Member

If the driveway is in good condition. A proper clean and paint is relatively inexpensive and easy to do

Jess Peletier likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.