Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Colour suggestions for front entry?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by robbie_p, 27th Aug, 2016.

1. robbie_p

robbie_p Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm not very good when it comes to colour selection and was hoping for some suggestions..

I have attached a picture of my front entry and in the coming weeks I'm going to be installing a black security gate and a new front door.

As you can see from the attached picture, the door frame is a red colour and the window burglar bars are green..

Any colour selections for the new front door, window frames and burglar bars?

I'm not really fussy.. just need to get it painted in the new week or so

Cheers,
    Robbie

Attached Files:

2. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Quick question - what colour is the guttering (looks black) and the windows (looks like bronzed aluminium)? This may help guide your choice - once you answer my questions, I'll give you some ideas (as we are working with the same sort of colour palette, if my assumptions of your windows and guttering are correct).

3. robbie_p

Yup, the guttering is currently black (but due to be replaced, so will repaint). The windows are bronzed colour.

4. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

We've got the bronzed windows too - not a huge fan, but have decided to work with them, rather than against them.

We have just painted the roof Colorbond Monument (which is a dark charcoal, almost black), and the two colours that we have chosen to work with this (and the bronzed windows) are Colorbond Bushland and Colorbond Evening Haze.

5. robbie_p

Thanks, I really like those colours! In my situation, how would you split the colours between the front door, window frames and burglar bars?