Entertainment & Music Cold Cases

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 27th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I watched it yesterday, I guess no one has foxtell? shame .....LOL

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Jan, 2017
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

So what you are telling us is that if we haven't watched a doco which we can't watch and won't be able to watch then we are not qualified to comment, despite the weight of evidence against the conviction, evidence which was not available to the people who made the doco. And despite the doubts cast on the evidence by the link you yourself posted in the initial post.

Sorry to confuse you with facts.

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Jan, 2017
    Perp, wylie, WattleIdo and 1 other person like this.
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

A fox channel documentary is hardly the epitome of unbiased investigative journalism and objective presentation of the evidence and facts

wylie and 158 like this.
  4. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Not cold case so much, but I'm obsessed with serial killers and murderers in general. :eek:

I just find them fascinating. I think I would've loved to be a criminal psychologist, to research why someone does something.

I spend a decent amount of time watching documentaries on cold cases or real crime shows, plus Wikipedia etc. I'm weird.

MTR, 158 and WattleIdo like this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

So you must be a whiz at Spicks & Specs on ABC - Serial Murderer or Muso?

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Great, what are your favourite shows?

Have you watched On The Case, this is brilliant

On the Case with Paula Zahn - Wikipedia

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

you realise I am talking foxtel and there are perhaps 20 programmes on criminology and documented cases such as the Iceman (book on this documented by the leading US criminal psychiatrist), very interesting case, and various other serial killers. So are you saying forensic psychologists, doctors, DNA are not real or important. If interested you probably need to educate yourself on this stuff....LOL

Last edited: 3rd Jan, 2017
  8. Lil Skater

@Scott No Mates & @MTR

I don't watch ABC and don't have Foxtel. We did have Foxtel and basically sat on there watching the crime channel, but haven't had it in a few years. I did win a serial killer or celebrity game at a trivia night though, does that count? :D

I watch a lot of Netflix documentaries, and things I find on Youtube etc. Don't watch a whole lot of actual TV anymore though. We have a Chromecast and it's the best $50 I ever spent, but means I'm not typically tuning into a certain show. James hates the documentaries, so I have to have headphones in - he also doesn't like half of my music or horror films though :p

MTR likes this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

LOL, my husband hates these docos as well...

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

For those interested in this subject, I highly recommend this book, Lil you will love it. I watched interview on Foxtel, it was a chilling interview with a psychopath, this was while he was in prison. I believe he killed over 200 people, he was a hit man for the mafia.

Called Ice Man because he killed refrigerated his victims so authorities had no real way of knowing when the person was murdered etc.

The Ice Man

11. Scott No Mates

Spicks & Specks is light entertainment not a documentary.

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

but I don't like spicks and specks:p

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This was another brilliant cold case on Foxtel which was solved after 45 years. The killer basically living a normal/average life, family, grandchildren until he was caught. Lots of twists and turns with this one.

After 45 Years, an Arrest In the Killing of 2 Officers

Lil Skater likes this.
  14. Scott No Mates

It could have been a telemovie set in the 1960's and renamed Spiks & Speck - a tale of two delis.

MTR likes this.
  15. Lil Skater

I've read/heard quite a bit about the Ice Man, will have to invest in the book.

The blurb on the link is actually quite interesting, and haunting. As someone that had quite severe PND I can actually understand this part -

"He loved Barbara too much.

He loved the children too much.

That was the problem. The only way he could deal with their loss, if he inadvertently killed Barbara, was to kill them."

At the time it made perfect sense, I know it's completely nutty, but I get it. Is that the way these people live on a daily basis? It's just... fascinating. I think everyone reading this is going to think I'm a bit loopy, I assure you I'm only mildly loopy nowadays.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

LOL
    we must be loopy, we seem to be the only ones who gets this stuff and addicted to it, I am anyway.

MTR:)

Lil Skater likes this.
  17. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I can't work out if you're taking the **** or genuinely an incredible mix of ignorant and arrogant.

Perp likes this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Sanj

There are important factors/evidence outlined in the documentary that have not been included in the link, hence why I referred to the doco. One was a train ticket, which will mean nothing to you.

As I mentioned many times after watching the interview/doco I am not convinced he is innocent even though it was overturned, does not necessarily mean they got it right.

I am entitled to my own opinion without being crucified and the name calling, chill out.

MTR

19. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Everyone was convinced Lindy Chamberlain killed her baby and not a dingo - media, public, documentaries, prosecutors. And we all know how that turned out.

Perp, wylie and MTR like this.
  20. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I never did think she was guilty, but I'd say "most" people did. In her case, a big mark against her was her odd way of presenting herself to the camera with little emotion. My MIL still thinks she did it. And I think many of that generation still think the same. Crazy huh?

Perp likes this.