Entertainment & Music Cold Cases

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 27th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing, fascinating

2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I'm glad you have no doubt about the case from watching a TV show but the people who actually went through the evidence overturned his convicrion and he was released, so they haven't found or gotten the killer

geoffw likes this.
  3. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

The one I always try to follow up is the Bogle case. From recent information it said it was Deadly fumes alongside the river not the husband.

Perp likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

They got it wrong, they are only human

He is a paedophile and he raped other victims.

Its much harder to convict when its a cold case due to age, documents lost etc etc.

If interested watch the documentary on this you may change your mind after the interview.

.... its a mute point anyway the ******* got away with it.

Last edited: 2nd Jan, 2017
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

can you post the link:)

6. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

WattleIdo and Terry_w like this.
  7. sanj

Seriously, unsubstantiated innuendo like this is harmful and there's no need for it when literally 30 secs worth of effort will clearly show you that his 2013 conviction was well and truly emphatically overturned and that also as a result of the state's attorney (ie the prosecutor who clearly is usually the one locking them up) approaching the court and asking he be free due to clear evidence emerging that the guy convicted was innocent.

This was not even an appeal by the accused's lawyers.

Btw there was no "they" getting it wrong, there was no jury.

Also, you thinking that you know the abolute facts more than even the prosecutor trying the case is pretty arrogant, CNN themselves, which produced the doco you saw, widely reported on the reasons for his convicrion being overturned; including irrefutable evidence he was not in town when she went missing.

Again,unless you're a psychic you're likely to be incorrect in how emphatically certain his guilt is to you

Lizzie, 158, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I hear you, but you need to watch the doco then report back, I think you may change your mind

9. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

He was released because it was proved that he could not have been near the girl when the crime was committed. This was evidence that was not available to CNN when they made the documentary. Other evidence which convicted him, like the identification from a photograph so many years after the event, was put into doubt.

The article you quoted in your opening post, which was reported before the overturning of the conviction, casts doubt on the evidence which convicted him.

CNN reported on the overturning of the conviction, and quote the article you raised
    Cold case conviction overturned in Illinois - CNN.com

10. sanj

I don't know how to make this any clearer.

The doco was made in 2013 or 2014.

In 2016, just a few months ago, further evidence came to light clearly exonerating hm.

The people arguing that he had done it and trying to lock him up ended up stating to the courts and the world that they were convinced beyond doubt that be had not done it, in large part due to evidence recovered in the meantime

The very same3
    station that produced the doco you're talking about reported the same news, ie that he was wrongly convicted.

For someone constantly running down the media and its accuracy you do seem to be quite flexible with facts yourself

158 and wylie like this.
  11. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Why let the facts get in the way of a good possè?

MTR likes this.
  12. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Currently watching Aphrodite Jones (not always cold cases, but have some morbid fascination for some reason), as well as have read all the Anne Rule books, have watched Forensic Files, and others.

13. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I watch 48 hours every now and again and some of the people in that show
    and the peculiar sense of hospitality some have in the USA is interesting..
    But there is one from in the late 1970's where around the nsw qld boarder
    a masked person went on a 10 month reign of terror committed several rapes then murder on people in secluded camping area's and then nothing ,they would still be looking for that person and this person was dangerous..
    The Balaclava killings: Getting away with murder

MTR likes this.
  14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, I have watched Aphrodite Jones, it is a morbid fascination.

Forensic stuff is very interesting, advancement in DNA etc amazing, problem is these shows can help the bad guys perhaps get away with their crime??

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Watch the doco, then come back to PC and tell me he is not guilty???? LOL

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

.... and OJ is innocent too..... watch the doco and then we can discuss it.....in the mean don't bust a boiler, I certainly wont.:)

17. geoffw

In the meantime, let's just ignore the fact that the people who made the doco are the same ones reporting that he could not possibly have done it.

Lizzie and sanj like this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I don't believe anyone posting has watched the doco yet??? my tip for the day is if anyone is interested in this cold case watch it

19. geoffw

You keep saying that we should watch the doco. However you only provided a link to a CNN article- Taken: The coldest case ever solved - which cast some of the evidence against him into doubt. There is no link to a doco.

I always prefer to read something personally in matters like this. I can read much more quickly, I can reread, and I can investigate should I wish to do so. And it's not as manipulative as a TV story can often be.

However there appears to be an absolute refusal to look at any hard evidence apart from a documentary with no link. I prefer to believe the evidence from a number of sources, including a court of law, that he was convicted on bad evidence. Some of this evidence was not available to the people who made the documentary.

Lizzie, sanj and wylie like this.
  20. 158

158 Well-Known Member

The doco has been superseded by the overturned conviction.

Basically the doco can now be filed under 'fiction'.

pinkboy

Perp, wylie and geoffw like this.