Entertainment & Music Cold Cases

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 27th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I find cold cases fascinating, the oldest case in US was a 7 year old girl who was murdered in 1957. A mothers confession and a train ticket solved it and caught the killer. Anyone watch this, I recommend this, it will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Gripping.

Taken: The coldest case ever solved

But we have our own cold case in Western Australia that was recently solved after 20 years, "Claremont Serial Killer". They finally got him.

Man charged over Claremont serial killings

ellejay and WattleIdo like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be 'show us your chilly box' :(

[​IMG]

Gladys, Lil Skater, House and 4 others like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I guess no one is into cold cases....??

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I dont drink beer anymore

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm listening to "The Case Went Cold" podcasts. Some cold cases from the 1930s onwards. Very interesting.

Edit: It is "The Trail Went Cold"... unsolved cases from the past.

Last edited: 28th Dec, 2016
    EN710 and WattleIdo like this.
  6. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

The wife loves true crime shows. I've seen a few tv shows about the Tamam Shud case - Wikipedia doubt it will ever be solved but quite the mystery.

Perp likes this.
  7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Technically it's not solved until he's tried and found guilty.

The longer a case goes cold, the harder it will be to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Hopefully they have him but one can never be quite sure.

sanj likes this.
  8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I don't drink beer any less either. ;)

9. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

@MTR sorry you asked? :p

MTR likes this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Your right but the fact he has been charged is a big one, because DNA is a match, let him worm out of this one... it won't happen

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not at all.... makes me realise no one is interested in this stuff, same as my family.... lol

ellejay likes this.
  12. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I think it's amazing, just haven't read or watched much about it recently, missed the news. Thank god some people are interested in it though and catching killers.

13. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Just finished reading the article you linked. Then googled - seems the case was re-tried and he was let out in April tnis year after 5 years in prison.
    Did you say you were watching it on something?
    If I could start my life again, there are 2 things I'd do that I haven't done this time around: become a dancer and become a detective. Wouod love to be a detective!

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

not so the bustard did it. If you have fox work through it, he raped his sister, I have no doubt he did it, plenty of evidence to back it... also why would mother confess on her death bed
    still in jail. thankfully.

Anyone on PC been watching this?
    watch it and report back..:)

15. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've also watched a couple of recent documentaries on the JonBenet murder, 20 years on.

Also the Serial podcast.

I've also got CI and Someone Knows Something podcasts loaded but not yet got to them... I'm listening to The Trail Went Cold currently.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Wylie I particularly disliked this coverage/topic a disaster..because the media has ripped it apart and its total spin for the sake of a story and ratings, and no conclusion just innuendo .....lost interest in this within 10 minutes ...just my opinion

the cold case I posted has been solved and details the evidence why I found it fascinating, maybe others will disagree ?

17. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I read it (the video is a bit hard to watch when I'm distracted) and find it interesting.
    In the way the article written, I find it quite convincing that he did it. Though it could also been a very big misunderstanding - awkward people usually viewed very differently by others. Some of the character description is subjective though it is then strengthened with other testimonials.

I don't read cold cases in general unless it's solved, as otherwise it is a story without an end.

18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Spoiler Alert... dont read if you dont want to know.

I actually watched the police interviews twice now, the killer was the next door neighbour's son and at the time police never interviewed him, they stuffed up. The mother protected her son, and gave false information to the police at the time. The guilt got her at the end, hence her dying confession.

The 7 year old murdered was with a friend at the time and she actually ended up identifying the killer straight up from a photo police provided. There are so many other factors that link him to the murder, I have no doubt.

MTR

EN710 likes this.
  19. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

My mother was the younger neighbour who got off the tram at the same stop as Betty Shanks in Brisbane in the 1950s. I now understand why she was so neurotically over-protective of me. She has been interviewed a few times in the last twenty years by two authors who have written books about it - I read Ted Duhrs' book "I Know Who Killed Betty Shanks". It gave me the creeps.

The person in question has long since died, his daughter has come forward with significant information but there would not be any evidence as he had her destroy it at the time. The man was never a suspect at the time - it is his daughter's linking of various pieces of information that drew her to the conclusion. Her statements were ignored by detectives for many years until a retired journalist from the case recently took it up.

Google

20. Hedgy

Hedgy Well-Known Member

Terry_w and MTR like this.