Coffs Harbour buyer's agent

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by allanh, 10th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. allanh

allanh Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good buyer's agent in Coffs Harbour?

I have used a good buyer's agent who is located in Sydney previously, but I would like to use an agent who is located in where I am going to buy so looking for a good one locally.

Thanks in advance

2. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

No idea, but I have been following that market almost daily for the last 2 months.
    Good properties have been selling within weeks !
    But it's slowing currently.
    There are better area's than others also, so it depends on your budget and property type.
    Some I've followed......
    Great land bank (if you could get it for $1.6m), outside my budget
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...QQFnoECAMQAg&usg=AOvVaw3I4XQFMuc5jXxklkFaj_8l
    Nice ppor
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EQFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw0m1GNhDEyjzbovL3J9VtUy
    Rental
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sQFnoECBAQAg&usg=AOvVaw0fQqZJ6BmRkTTqCRouJEk0
    Owner business
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...cQFnoECBIQAg&usg=AOvVaw05gmTjkncqnas060FVqFUi
    Development (*was expression of interest, now for sale, still overpriced)
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wQFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw3FYH0fSBVOPeXtDMzReluC

3. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Also, do your own research.
    A good buy today in west or south Coffs may not be so great once the bypass goes in !

4. allanh

allanh Well-Known Member

Hi, thank you for your suggestions and I have looked at the links you posted. It seems like most of the properties are located in the south Coffs Harbour. Is that the more affluent side of the city?
    Do you have any opinion on areas near Digger's Beach (or thereabout)?

5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Its been over 25 years since I lived there.
    Am looking and following on the basis of buying a future retirement home.
    North of Coffs is largely coastal, and we all like to be near the water so prices go up.
    West of the showgrounds used to be housing, so a good spot to look around now.
    I prefer Sawtell, but $$$$$'s.
    There are parts of Toormina that you wouldn't touch, but even there is improving.
    Look up the bypass, area's will benefit from being able to get across town easier
    Again it all depends on your budget and reason for buying.
    I prefer the south, having lived to the north (traffic) and park beach (busy)

6. Paul Harry

Paul Harry Well-Known Member

Diggers Beach is quite a nice area and a sought after even Sapphire Beach. There are areas that have been historically no go areas, but like all places are changing due to the current markets.

Korora is again another decent area close to the beach.
    Sheppard's Lane around Coffs is quite nice and Jetty is a very very decent place to live.
    Coffs is great in the fact that even if you don't live in a street near the beach it's pretty quick to get there. I've just sold my original PPOR (prior to moving to BNE) in Toormina for a decent amount. It sat in the suburb next to Sawtell and only took me 3-4mins do drive to the beach and that includes parking and getting onto the beach. My place was only on the market for 2 weeks and people were in bidding wars for a 2br / 1b / 1 car villa. It's wild, but you just need to understand that Coffs is a very seasonal city. Tourist season it booms with tourism and then dies down after that. If you're looking for employment, that's something to consider as the the main industries are medical, education, tourism, retail and farming. (I've probably forgotten some others ....oh yeah apparently Russell Crowe is creating studios there for movies etc in the next few years).
    Be careful as you'll need to make sure that you check flood maps as well. Coffs and areas around are prone to some local flooding, but I understand that has become a bit better in the last few years with infrastructure investment.
    Happy to help with any other information I can provide other than the one thing you asked about....a buyer's agent. I do have a reasonable good and honest real estate agent that managed and sold my property if you need some contacts though.

I hope all this helps!

chaos and allanh like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia