Coffee for guests

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by geoffw, 26th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

This wasn't in an Airbnb but a hotel, but possibly a good idea for guests.

They have a capsule coffee maker as well as the standard coffee and tea making.

A nice touch- it's rather much nicer than instant.

Colin Rice likes this.
  2. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

We have this at home. Mrs Sonamic would never serve instant to guests.

3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Life's too short to drink bad instant coffee.

Archaon likes this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That fixed it.

That said, I do serve instant to visitors, it's a not so subtle hint that they've outstayed their welcome ;)

DaveM likes this.
  5. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Its the little things that add up to a great experience when dealing with a business. If only more got a revelation of his.

geoffw likes this.
  6. S1mon

S1mon Well-Known Member

i dont think its worth it.. i bought guests a few extras for a while, bottled water, milk etc, no one even comments so who cares. even if thye take 10 bottles for 1 night stay..maybe if you are trying to attract business users who will return or something...
    but where do you draw the line, should i offer them a massage too?

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

It doesn't make sense in my Darlington place because there is very limited kitchen bench space. If there was more space, then it would be something I'd supply.

Ps. I bought a $50 coffee machine from Coles on Saturday because most of my volleyball team was buying coffees during the 2 day tournament, and I figured this would be cheaper in the long run. The machine and associated goods (coffee pods, milk, cups worked out to be very economical. Ps. Nobody needed the stick sugar).

8. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

64ee87d3e5057ec00e9d837b0b671390.png

Not with a head like that!

S1mon and Gladys like this.
  9. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the demographics of the guests attracted by your property or the area where your property is located.
    If most of the travellers in your area are on budget they'd love to have coffee/tea making and some light breakfast items. This way they save on breakfast too while enjoying your affordable accommodation on AirBnB.
    If they are some hi-fi fancy avocado smashers, they'll just ignore it and instead have brekkie in a hipster oriented cafe downtown:D

10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think most hosts don't bother with supplying breakfasts anymore

11. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Some hosts, especially in shared accommodation, provide it as an option, for an extra cost. Supplying breakfast could be a way of earning a little extra, especially if the host lived close by.

12. jodes

jodes Well-Known Member

We supply (instant) coffee and a simple breakfast. I would say at least a third of the guests have commented on it either in their reviews or privately. I did consider providing a coffee machine but there is amazing Melbourne coffee about 3 minutes down the road so I figured they could have that!

13. Vassago

Vassago Well-Known Member

We currently have a Nespresso pod machine in our AirBNB place and supply pods for guests.

Next visit we will switch it for the Woolworths pod machine from our PPOR after the Nespresso was broken and left dirty as it bit fragile and milk frother overflows sometimes even in filled below the line). Woolworths pod machine much more simple and heavy duty and still makes a nice coffee.

14. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

If I am a guest in someones home and I don't see som type of coffee machine, I have tea. I can't do instant. Don't know how my parents can actually enjoy the taste go it. Yuck

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia