ASX Shares Coca Cola Amatil (CCL)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Liarliar, 27th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

It all depends on if you are in the game for long term or short term?

If long term then don't bother listening to all the BS of every day market going up or down.
    These are well established organisations you'll need to put some trust in them if you are investing in them. If you can't trust them, you shouldn't be investing in them.

If you are in the game for short term and speculations are the key in that case, then follow the trend before it starts(oxymoron). Otherwise you'll overpay.

Quite similar to properties.

Anne11 likes this.
  2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

And therein lies the problem. Most investors underestimate the level of knowledge and "deep thinking" required to really understand a company. Add to that the increasingly rapid change and disruption that's occurring in the world.

Based on most questions I see asked not just here but everywhere I often think the first question most investors should ask is "should they even be investing in direct stocks at all"?

Last edited: 4th May, 2017
    ollidrac nosaj likes this.
  3. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Correct. Better off focusing on the inputs! (Me included.......to that end...........adios for now :) )

Nodrog likes this.
  4. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

I have to thank @The Falcon for the tip to buy CCL (back in the day you were still interested in stock picking).
    I bought some at $8 and apparently with the take over I will have to sell and realise the gain and pay some tax which is a nice problem to have.

A bottle of red wine comes your way if you let me know your contact details.

I no longer buy direct shares but have kept this one until now. I know I am not qualified to buy direct shares.

trinity168, Redwing, pippen and 2 others like this.
  5. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

** not qualified to buy direct shares ** , and yet you bought CCL around $8 ... are you sure ??
    that looked like a confidence-builder to me

i will be sad to see CCL go i was seeing it as 'a safe haven' ( they sell bottled water and alcohol products as well , you know )

yes i will crystallize a nice gain , but it leaves a small hole in my strategy

oh well back to the research

6. Anne11

Anne11 Well-Known Member

I had no clue, well some clues: I did look at Financial Statements and dividends over time price trend. But this purchase was more luck than skill. The timing of selling some stocks were so bad that if I told you would would laugh at me. Although overall no loss so far.

Back to passive investing.

Islay, monk and pippen like this.
  7. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

no loss , so far is a fairly solid record ( that i can't equal )

i thought there was a saying that 'winners are grinners '

knowing when i am lucky is my skill ,

no losses and 'bad timing ' do NOT seem to go together ( could have timed it better i think would apply to 90% of investors , , which is why i think so many just resort to steady monthly buying )

my dear old mum never even went to high school , but she could smell a rat before it had even taken it's last breathe

good luck

could be some wild times ahead ( even compared to last year )

Anne11 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia