Coaching vs Courses

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Mombius Hibachi, 21st Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Has anyone here looked into setting up a business either coaching or providing online courses? In whatever field, doesn't matter.

Looking into the option of doing one or the other and trying to determine which one is best. Anyone *with actual experience in doing this* have any tips?

2. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

One of my friends has done this successfully in Singapore teaching photography skills. He went the online course route where he spends his time making video content, and users pay to download/watch these videos and email in questions etc. He coached people individually as a hobby but wanted to reach more people.

Mombius Hibachi likes this.
  3. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to determine. I do some informal coaching with existing clients at the moment, which I really enjoy doing a lot and see the opportunity in making it a stand alone offering, but then I also have an idea for an online course (in a different space) that will allow me to scale.