VIC Clyde North or Rockbank?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jasmine_xoxo, 27th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

Hello everyone,
    First off, apologies if i am in the wrong area (this is my first post).

I really need some advice as I am very confused.

I am a first home buyer. My budget is 600k. I have been looking at buying in either Rockbank or Clyde North as i think a home will be a wiser purchase as opposed to a 2 bed unit more central (if i were to have kids int he next few years).

Rockbank:
    - 29 kms to city
    - train station with 4 stops to city
    - infrustracture planned (but 2 years away)
    - currently nothing out there, not even supermarket so would need to go to caroline springs
    - no schools aside from baccus marsh grammar (proposed schoools)
    - nothing much to do
    - land size 450sqm
    - house size: 4 bed single story 24 squares

Clyde North:
    - developed
    - since freeway upgrade traffic isnt bad
    - 59kms to city
    - south east suburbs are nice
    - mention of tarin line to clyde and proposed town centre (not counting on it though)
    - good schools
    - land size 375sqm
    - house: double story 4 bed
    - nothing much in suburb to do/dislike area

I'm getting so overhwlemed and confused. i dont kbnow what to do. Could someone please offer me some advice. It would really be appreciated!

2. pvfv

pvfv Well-Known Member

if choice is only those 2 i would go clyde north for schools and employment proximity.
    Rockbank is miles away to reach clyde potential. if you want to live then you might have to think which suits you with respect to your demography.

3. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

Its not the only two choices. Its the two choices that i can afford... Anything else and its an apartment really...

4. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi

May I ask what area do you work in? What area do all your friends and family live in? Perhaps let that dictate which suburb to reside in.

Regards,

alicudi

5. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

I work in Toorak.
    My friends live in Caroline Springs, Berwick, Rowville, Pakenham, Rockbank, notting hill, springvale, etc

6. WellKnow

WellKnow Well-Known Member

@Jasmine_xoxo from what you have put down as criteria Clyde North is the more logical option for you. Also Clyde boarders both Berwick and Cranbourne which has plenty of things and places to go (shopping/cafe/parks/train/2 major freeways) and at the rate Clyde north is developing more infrastructure is planned.
    Plus to get to Toorak during rush hour would be easier than Rockbank. And most of your friends live in SE suburbs. Also have you considered looking into Office? PM me if you have any question of the area as I am a local and know the area very well and might be able to help you with specific questions.

7. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

Thank you@WellKnow

I heard there will be a clyde north town centre? But no train in plans as yet...

8. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

I thought this was like instagram and my @ symbol would tag you

9. WellKnow

WellKnow Well-Known Member

Usually the @ and the name works for me.

Liberals have made their promise and Labour have promised dual line to Cranbourne and study to extend to Clyde. Either way it will be atleast 5 years away
    Trains to Clyde

10. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

Thank you. i did see that article and hopefully i can call council to ask Qs about future infrastructure plans..

11. pvfv

pvfv Well-Known Member

if old houses are of any taste to your appetite there are options aplenty. look up south as far as frankston and southwest as far as point cook.

12. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

Frankston I'm not keen on location. Point cook is really bad for traffic. Neither are of interest really..

13. Jasmine_xoxo

Jasmine_xoxo Member

I have also been looking into a 2 bed townhouse in maidstone..
    Does anyone know much about Maidstone?>

14. pvfv

pvfv Well-Known Member

I did not say Frankston in particular and point cook traffic is only an issue if you drive in peak times. ptv is as reliable as any other line for that matter.

15. pvfv

pvfv Well-Known Member

maidstone is inner suburb and i dont think you will get much land out of it for 600k.

16. Chrystee

Chrystee Active Member

Hi, I live in Clyde North (Berwick Waters Estate) and can recommend Clyde North. PM if you need any further info. I bought when the land was $252,000 for 450sqm 5 years ago, it's now $400,000 and still rising as they have plenty more land to develope in our estate. We are in a good position to the wetlands. The estate still has years of development and is a beautiful area. The closest main shopping center is Fountain Gate. I work in Dandenong and it takes 22 minutes to get to work.

17. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the location of Frankston?

Even though you haven't said so it sounds to me as if you are only open to new housing estates

I think it would be a wiser investment decision to get a 600sqm block in an older area
    However if you want a new house then that's fine but you need to realise you are compromising your investment

cheers

18. Property God

Property God Active Member

Maidstone is good as it is one of the cheapest inner coty suburbs in melb (within 10km of CBD). You can get two bedroom townhouses for 600k just not the brand new ones. Land on townhouses there is around 150 to 200sqm.

The adjacent suburbs (west footscray, maribyrnong, and footscray) are more expencive so thats a good thing.

6/614 Barkly Street, West Footscray, Vic 3012

This one is single story so the land is quite big and is only ranging from 500 to 500k

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia