Cleveland, QLD???

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Peta Notari, 21st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. danazz

danazz Member

Thanks for your 2cents worth @Gockie. You make a good point. It's through opencorp. Looking at prices for something similar, they tend to be slightly over the median price for Thornlands.

Mynnum also looks interesting. Closer to the city, has access to train station and is closer to Brisbane.

I'm so confused and can't decide. Just starting out looking for my 1St IP. Hoping to build a property portfolio, but know that if I buy the wrong first property, it's going to slow down my progression.

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

If your talking about Wynumm in BCC, it has already risen quite a bit & the train line there goes through Redlands, down to Cleveland.

I would tend to think those living in Cleveland are more likely to be working around there, it is a nice looking place, Redlands council goes all the way up to Thorneside, the creek is the boundary.

Only you can decide what plan you have and where/how to play that out as things like income and equity/cash available have a big influence.

3. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

We bought in birkdale 3 years ago. Its a pretty nice area. Actually all those areas are nice.
    Wynnum and manly west are lower soci economic but prices are rising due to location.

If i had to guess i would say birkdale has done 25 30% since we purchased. As the homes that were 330- 350 are now 430- 450

Thornlands for me as a city investment is a bit far out as the roads back to the cbd are pretty crap. What i will say is that if thornlands is the same price as birkdale or thorneside i would definately choose the latter

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yes... +1 for buying near the Bay.... there's a scarcity factor.... prices are still reasonable atm but in the future all the older homes will be gone and be replaced by more premium homes....