NSW Clemton Park Village

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Shawn, 1st Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Considering buying a PPOR at Clemton Park Village.
    It's 1 BR + Study apartment.

Seeking some advice from more experienced people on here as I am weighing up a few things on my mind so would appreciate guidance :

Pro's
    1. Coles + shops to be at the bottom of the block start of next year
    2. Close to Canterbury Rd & M5 but not near them.
    3. Walking distance to Campsie shops (15 mins)
    4. A suburb with lots of houses ; although this could also be seen as a con.
    5. My apartment has views ! Rare in the Campsie area as you are mostly facing other unit blocks.

Cons
    1. Realistically, it isn't close to anything (not until these shops come up)
    2. Even after these shopping precinct is built, there will be nothing else in it's surrounds.
    3. More apartment blocks could be developed on the surrounding plots of land (gap between Campsie to Clemton Park) which could affect demand + supply levels.

I understand a PPOR is an emotional decision and this does really tick all the boxes for me. Far away enough from the city in a quiet locale but still within walking distance to the hustle + bustle if I need it.

Happy to hear your thoughts.

2. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

In terms of location Clemton Park Village barely even makes it as part of Campsie. Whilst there are buses nearby the main mode of transportation out of Campsie is generally by train. You'd be walking 20mins walk to the train station. Hardly ideal.

Considering everything there is new or near new, it's safe to say you'd be paying a premium for it. If your mind is set on Campsie apartment, for the same money I'd be looking at at:

1. A proper 2bedder
    2. Within 10mins walk to the station
    3. 5-10yrs old

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

It's about 1.8km, takes me 15 mins to walk 1.2km, so you must walk faster than me :)

For now, until they build the next block.

There is some industrial just around the corner, though this may change over time.

Personally I think there are better places to buy.
    Have a look at Campsie / Canterbury border - The streets that enclose this section Beamish Street / Canterbury Rd / South Parade / Phillips Ave.

All smaller red brick units style units that would sell for cheaper and closer to the cafe /eatery area that Canterbury council want to make next to Cooks river.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.