Clear dimensioned plans on websites and flyers

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Burramys, 22nd Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MrFox

MrFox Well-Known Member

My daughters car is 3,615 mm long. Would you prefer if they draw a picture of a Chevy Suburban in the garage for you? Its 5,699 mm long and 2,040 mm wide. It would still fit inside. :)

2. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

The length is fine, plenty of smaller cars about this long. The width is too small. Minis are 3.8 X 1.7 metres.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Garages are usually 2.2 w with .2-.25 either side

Maybe it is a Fiat bambino ?

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Or a Goggo mobile but not the Dart.

[​IMG]

5. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Def not the wee Dart, too long and 2 doors, aye.

6. MrFox

MrFox Well-Known Member

Will you call foul play if you realised that they use undersized furniture when they stage property for sale?

7. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

Small furniture is the least of my worries. Pictures showed huge ceilings, big rooms, happy smiling owners. At the OFI I found that it was a standard size, celings 2460 mm, rooms 3000X 3000 mm, on that scale. The REA said that the owners were midgets.

8. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

I asked a builder about dimensions from plans years ago and he said they're allowed 5% variation from the original plans, not sure how true it is but 5% can be a lot sometimes.

I was tricked by being shown a display home and the plans from that home and not the one I bought that was at slab stage. I found out the hard way that's there isn't much honesty in real-estate sales, the house I thought I was getting was a 4 bed and the one that was built was a 3 bed with a study even though the 4th room has a built in wardrobe but it has two opening doors so in reality it can be used for either or. The PMs always advertise it as 3 bed + study which yields less rent, I always have to remind them that it can be used as bedroom because it has a built wardrobe.