Cleaning services

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by JZ93, 3rd May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JZ93

JZ93 Well-Known Member

Hi All

I’m a long time member of the forum, looking to expand my cleaning business and would love your insight.

When hiring a cleaning business to help manage the properties on your books what qualities are most important to you? Price, quality, insurances, service guarantees ect

What do most services fail to deliver on?

Thanks a lot !

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

The AFL footy team they support :p.

JetstreamVic, jim1964 and datto like this.
  3. Coconutwheels

Coconutwheels Well-Known Member

For me wrt rentals, when I need cleaning done I need it done ASAP, so I can re let it etc. I recently fully renovated one and the hold up to get it listed was the cleaning, which took longer to get organised than the reno.

Apart from that I'd focus on what managing agents want from a cleaner and target larger agents. Really focus on looking after the managing agent.

Provide photos with all invoices, be easy to deal with and flexible e.g if a managing agent rings and needs a particular job done asap, move things around and do it, switch it around with other jobs they may have given you and let them know. Be good a corresponding with them via email, treat them well and in turn they will treat you very well!

Oh yeah, have enough working capital so you can handle waiting 30 days to get paid, without whinging and pestering the agent. That will set you apart from 90% of the contractors they use IMO.

I run a Handyman biz and few years ago I closed it to all private work and exclusively work for RE agents. Best thing for my biz I did.

4. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

I think some of the comments from your thread a year ago a really prevalent already. Have you implented them?

For me I want flexibility from a cleaner so they can be easily available in the first place and happy to return if needed. Flexibility also includes being able to do extra things like take a chair to the tip etc, happy to pay for it and just makes life for a PM so much easier.

I also want attention to detail and consistency. Once thing that I find in new cleaners is they do great for the first few cleans and then slowly quality seems to drop off.

Pumpkin likes this.
  5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I want a cleaner that doesn’t renig on the price or the scope of the work.

6. Phoenix Pete

Phoenix Pete Well-Known Member

... same happens with tradies in other fields... either the quality drops or the prices slowly ratchet up.... but sometimes where the tradie was easy to reach, turnarounds were quick etc at the beginning.. then they become slower and busier. They become a victim of their own success. Then they try finding additional labour and that's a whole new ball game especially trying to find good tradies.

7. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Actually cleaning would be a good start :mad: ...

And not missing everything that someone can't spot without using a chair or a ladder and a torch.

Most don't seem to know how to clean properly or don't want to.

8. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Sonick likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia