Cleaning and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Jennifer Duke, 2nd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I am the clutterbug :( and I share a house with Mr Neat. The good thing is we both have our own zones. The bad thing is I have been decluttering for a couple of years but I still have too much 'stuff'. The really bad thing is that I am not particularly attached to most of it. It's just a matter of dedicating enough time to sort and organise what I want to keep. Still, I am a lot better off than a couple of years ago when there was junk everywhere. At least it is organised and in the right places now. It's just that there is still way too much.

Jennifer Duke likes this.
  2. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

I like the one-in, one-out rule in our house. If you buy something new then something else has to go (e.g. buy a new scarf, you have to donate one of your other scarves)... stops you buying stuff in the first place as you realise you don't actually need it and don't want to throw out any of your things!

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I think we'll have to move every 4 years just so we get rid off all of our crap.
    Can't believe how much we fit into a 2 bedroom unit.

Jennifer Duke likes this.